Menu

I'm getting angry now.

Youngest dd is trying to enroll for fall classes and her @$$ of an advisor will not get around to giving her the advisement number she needs to get it done.

I've been standing back for two weeks, trying to let her work it out herself, but yesterday I found out that two of her classes are already full.

I am very angry to put it mildly. Last night I shot off two emails to him and I'd better get an answer with a number in it this morning or I'm off to the college.

If you see a mushroom cloud over the midwest it's just me.

My experience registering for classes is that you have to be really aggressive getting everything you need from your adviser. They have a lot on their plate and they will easily ignore you if they can. :p They are usually teachers with classes of their own and registration comes as they are dealing with finals so they are just as busy as students if not more so.

What a PITA! Why does she have to go through the advisor to register for her classes? When I was in college we just went to the registrars office and registered for the classes we wanted (well for my arts degree, my other programs it was set classes you took when we were accepted because they were certificate programs).

Can you not just go to the college and pick the classes you want without the advisor as a go between?

I have the urge to duck and cover under my desk, and I'm in Canada.

This yahoo has no clue what he's unleashed. I could almost pity him, but then, one less idiot doing idiotic things really isn't a loss. Plenty more idiots around.

What a PITA! Why does she have to go through the advisor to register for her classes? When I was in college we just went to the registrars office and registered for the classes we wanted (well for my arts degree, my other programs it was set classes you took when we were accepted because they were certificate programs).

Can you not just go to the college and pick the classes you want without the advisor as a go between?

We had to have everything approved by an advisor before enrollment was opened for us. It was a pain! I always went in with my schedule done along with my plan of classes through graduation. I never left the office without my number. I waited. You have to be very aggressive, that OS not generally my personality. But it was a necessity.

Not at my son's school. He has to meet with his adviser before he can register. The adviser gives a pass code, which allows you to register. The pass code is your proof you met with the adviser.

Not at my son's school. He has to meet with his adviser before he can register. The adviser gives a pass code, which allows you to register. The pass code is your proof you met with the adviser.

Hmm, another difference between the countries eh. I am finding in many areas you guys in the US have far more paperwork and hoops to jump through than we do here in Canada when it comes to reaching steps towards goals such as registration for classes in college (I was thinking that the other day as well when I learned how many steps to getting a merit badge there is in the US versus in Canada).

That advisor better smarten up and respond if they know what's good for them. Though I would love to see the news footage of the aftermath if he/she doesn't.

Hmm, another difference between the countries eh. I am finding in many areas you guys in the US have far more paperwork and hoops to jump through than we do here in Canada when it comes to reaching steps towards goals such as registration for classes in college (I was thinking that the other day as well when I learned how many steps to getting a merit badge there is in the US versus in Canada).

That advisor better smarten up and respond if they know what's good for them. Though I would love to see the news footage of the aftermath if he/she doesn't.

It's more of a difference between schools, not countries. Dh didn't have to meet with an adviser, except for the first semester. I am back in school, having not finished when I was younger. I do not have to meet with an adviser.

I don't think this approval business is the norm in the US. I never had to do it nor did my DH. I'd never heard of it until now.

We had to have everything approved by an advisor before enrollment was opened for us. It was a pain! I always went in with my schedule done along with my plan of classes through graduation. I never left the office without my number. I waited. You have to be very aggressive, that OS not generally my personality. But it was a necessity.

:iagree: I made sure they couldn't question anything I was choosing to do. It made the meeting go by very quickly and if I did need to see them for something else, they were usually a lot better about working with me as they knew I had it together.

:lol: I say we organize a posse to break her out.

Can't you just imagine the call about that? "Uh, Sergeant? We have a pack of women here. And kids. LOTS of kids. Gotta say, though, they're really well-behaved. And I may just be hearing things, but I'd swear a bunch of them are speaking Latin."

Can't you just imagine the call about that? "Uh, Sergeant? We have a pack of women here. And kids. LOTS of kids. Gotta say, though, they're really well-behaved. And I may just be hearing things, but I'd swear a bunch of them are speaking Latin."

:rofl:

So glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth!!!

Hmmm. It's been 3 hours and we haven't heard back from Remudamom. Who's going to go bail her out of the hoosegow?

The only way to do this is to round up a few fast ones that look like they could run - horses that is. Who has the key to the gun safe?

:lol::lol:

"Uh, Sarge? They've broken out dry erase markers and are writing on the windows...Sam here says they're 'diagramming sentences'...whatever that means...I think it's some new weird gang code..."

Ok, kids, listen up!

If you have 4 steel bars, 2.5 inches in diameter, placed every 4 inches, set into a steel frame that's say 12 x 14 inches, 4 inches thick on all sides, set into a concrete wall, how long and thick would a chain have to be to hook onto those bars and remove it fully from the wall? Also, at what angle would how many pounds of pressure per square inch need to be applied?

And yes, you *must* show your work.

Whoever gets the right answer gets to ride in RemudaMom's pony cart.

Begin!

Ok, kids, listen up!

If you have 4 steel bars, 2.5 inches in diameter, placed every 4 inches, set into a steel frame that's say 12 x 14 inches, 4 inches thick on all sides, set into a concrete wall, how long and thick would a chain have to be to hook onto those bars and remove it fully from the wall? Also, at what angle would how many pounds of pressure per square inch need to be applied?

And yes, you *must* show your work.

Whoever gets the right answer gets to ride in RemudaMom's pony cart.

Begin!

My vote is skip the math and go straight to chemistry. How many ounces of TNT are needed to blow out the wall without killing Remudamom

My vote is skip the math and go straight to chemistry. How many ounces of TNT are needed to blow out the wall without killing Remudamom

I have an entire 4-H club of explosives minded boys who would gladly solve this problem!!! :D

It's been too long since we heard from her. Either the Hive will ahve to storm the jail or we'll need to take up collection for bail! :lol:

Faith

Or, we could conduct experiements on acids and bases, and figure out how to melt the bars :D

Jail breaking. A learning experience!

And they say hs'ers aren't socialized, and can't manage group projects!

:lol:

Oh my word! You gals are hysterical!

Still haven't talked with the advisor, but he had a minion answer my email. Apparently she does have to meet with her advisor to enroll, but only the first semester. There wasn't an official opening til Friday, but we got in for Monday. 8)

They will not let me go in to see the advisor with her. I guess I'll just pace in the hall and make occasional loud scary noises.

Still haven't talked with the advisor, but he had a minion answer my email. Apparently she does have to meet with her advisor to enroll, but only the first semester. There wasn't an official opening til Friday, but we got in for Monday. 8)

They will not let me go in to see the advisor with her. I guess I'll just pace in the hall and make occasional loud scary noises.

Mutter in Latin. That'll scare the carp out of anyone. :D

We can help you with angry mob noises. Put us all on skype and we will all help with scary noises.

There wasn't an official opening til Friday, but we got in for Monday. 8)

fwiw, we had great success with calling each morning and afternoon to find out if there were any cancellations. these are first years, and some percentage of them don't have the life skills to get them to their appointments as scheduled. i also got myself into a bachelor's of education program just by showing up at 8am each morning until they decided that a no show was really a no show, and as i was there and ready, i could have their place. sigh.....

fwiw, we had great success with calling each morning and afternoon to find out if there were any cancellations. these are first years, and some percentage of them don't have the life skills to get them to their appointments as scheduled. i also got myself into a bachelor's of education program just by showing up at 8am each morning until they decided that a no show was really a no show, and as i was there and ready, i could have their place. sigh.....

I wish we could do this but it's far enough away that it has to be planned. The biggest problem is that oldest dd already has all her classes scheduled for T/Th. It makes for a long day but less driving. Now youngest dd has not much of a chance at all to get all her classes those same days.