Menu

OT: I met Luann in ID's DS! :D

And he is a *super* nice young man! He is not only on staff with Worldview Academy at our state's week of Worldview... he is my younger DS's small group leader! Talk about a small world!

So, here I am waving at you Luann -- :seeya: -- and your DS looked great, and in great spirits, and our boys get to spend this week at camp together! :)

And, if anyone happens to have a DC attending any of the NE Worldview camps (Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Pennsylvania, New York, New Hampshire), say "hi" to the guy with the camera on a tripod taking video -- that's *my* older DS! :) And if you give him a hug, he'll *know* you're a WTM mom! ;)

Warmest regards, Lori D.

Awww, I'm getting all teary. I'm so glad he got to meet you (and I'm a bit jealous that I didn't!;)) I know he'll enjoy getting to know your son immensely.

Thanks for the report, Lori! We really miss him, and he only gets very short snippets of time to call home, so we're often wondering how he's doing. It made my day to hear he's faring well.

We really miss him, and he only gets very short snippets of time to call home, so we're often wondering how he's doing. It made my day to hear he's faring well.

I know, those phone calls from our older DS traveling with the NE staff are precious! What a special blessing: he has figured out how to Skype video chat with us, and so on the weekends when they are traveling if they are in a hotel with free wi-fi, he will Skype. What a gift it is to see his face, and to feel like we are in the same room. :)

I'm so glad he got to meet you ...

Well, he was very sweet and polite, but I think he must have been wondering, "who is this nutty woman who's all excited because she knows of my mom from online...?" :confused: LOL!

Edited by Lori D.

Well, he was very sweet and polite, but I think he must have been wondering, "who is this nutty woman who's all excited because she knows of my mom from online...?" :confused: LOL!

He's grown up hearing me constantly saying, "Well, the WTM ladies said this." And, "Such and such from the WTM boards said that." I'm sure he was just relieved that Mom's been "hanging out" with real people, and nice ones to boot. So thank you for validating me! I'm sure he was thrilled to meet you.