Menu

DS5's Sunday School Faux Pas

DH was helping out in DS5's Sunday School class this morning. They were learning about Solomon's dream, and the teacher asked them what they would say if God asked them what they wanted, and then they were to draw it. One little girl wanted sweets, another boy wanted to be a good man; when it finally came to DS5's turn he thought for a good long while then said "I want to be supreme master of the universe. Oh, and I'll need a red pen because I'll have red eyes and lasers". His little friend looked at him horrified, saying that he sounded like the devil. DH just commented "So we're not feeling very ambitious today, then?" I don't think DS5 is quite on board with the Christian message.

DH was helping out in DS5's Sunday School class this morning. They were learning about Solomon's dream, and the teacher asked them what they would say if God asked them what they wanted, and then they were to draw it. One little girl wanted sweets, another boy wanted to be a good man; when it finally came to DS5's turn he thought for a good long while then said "I want to be supreme master of the universe. Oh, and I'll need a red pen because I'll have red eyes and lasers". His little friend looked at him horrified, saying that he sounded like the devil. DH just commented "So we're not feeling very ambitious today, then?" I don't think DS5 is quite on board with the Christian message.

Wow, I think you have managed to teach your child the skill of blunt honesty:lol:. He kinda voiced the the wish that most humans have at least at some point in their lives.

I Love it!:D

Lisa