Menu

Favorite 4th Desert and what did you have today?

What is your favorite 4th July Desert?  

1. 1. What is your favorite 4th July Desert?

My favorite desert? Maybe the Sahara? No wait....the Gobi....hmmmmm

Ohhhh, you mean dessert? But you don't have brownies on there.....or other! And I clicked on apple pie before I saw strawberry shortcake! Waaahhh! Sorry! :)

Boy am I all mixed up!:001_huh:

I voted for the strawberry shortcake, but that isn't what we had. I made rhubarb crisp served warm with vanilla ice cream. Yum.
That sounds great! Yummy!

I made rhubarb pie for the first time a couple of weeks ago. A friend (she's a master gardner) gave me fresh rhubarb. I didn't even know what it looked like before that! I found a recipe and made it---it was pretty good!

I voted for strawberry shortcake, but we didn't have it today. In fact, we're at the front end of a weight loss plan at our house and didn't have any dessert today...Don't be sad though...the grilled marinated flank steak, grilled summer squash, pasta with parmesan and glass of local pinot noir was wonderful. We're on the Sonoma Diet and it is divine eating for sure.

Next year we'll have the shortcake. Happy Fourth of July everyone!

:)

Blessings,

Lucinda

I made blueberry cobbler for the first time today and I think it will be a 4th of July tradition!

I don't remember ever having a cobbler before, but I was thumbing through a magazine in line at the grocery store and saw a recipe that was perfect for the two pints of blueberries I had in the cart.

My husband has already put in a request for it for next year's birthday!

Guest Katia

I mixed three types of fruit: Strawberries, blueberries and grapes. Yum! Everyone went crazy over it.

And then......at the cookout we went to, the hosts had made home-made ice cream. So, everyone went back to our fruit and dished it over their ice-cream. So, our dessert did 'double duty', lol!