Menu

I'm sorry...

I had no idea that SWB had made a plea that the rep system be used "fairly and wisely." Somebody was kind enough to point it out to me, so now I know. Please forgive me for not using the system properly. It won't happen again.

....off to have a glass of cranberry wine....

:leaving:

Please forgive me for not using the system properly.

I don't really see how what you did was any different than what has been going on since day one. Yes, at first I strove to use the rep system exactly as it was explained by admin. But when it became apparent to me that there was plenty of rep going around that had nothing to do with the "reasons to rep" and it was being allowed, I started to play along as well.

The purposes expressed for the rep system are not reflective of the rep system. As someone pointed out somewhere, there are some really intelligent, thoughtful, well-spoken, and helpful ladies on the high school board (the section of these forums that most emulates the theories of classical education) yet many of them do not have high rep. Why? Because for the most part they don't come to the general board.

The rep system, again for the most part,is a fun system to let people know you like them and to let you feel like you have something to give someone that will make them feel good. Regardless of what the admin's initial intentions had been for it, this is what it is.

I don't really see how what you did was any different than what has been going on since day one. Yes, at first I strove to use the rep system exactly as it was explained by admin. But when it became apparent to me that there was plenty of rep going around that had nothing to do with the "reasons to rep" and it was being allowed, I started to play along as well.

The purposes expressed for the rep system are not reflective of the rep system. As someone pointed out somewhere, there are some really intelligent, thoughtful, well-spoken, and helpful ladies on the high school board (the section of these forums that most emulates the theories of classical education) yet many of them do not have high rep. Why? Because for the most part they don't come to the general board.

The rep system, again for the most part,is a fun system to let people know you like them and to let you feel like you have something to give someone that will make them feel good. Regardless of what the admin's initial intentions had been for it, this is what it is.

Well said Genie!!