Menu

Another Spelling Post-High School

Sharilynn29

My 9th grade ds has a fabulous vocabulary but sub par spelling. Most spelling programs only go through middle school. I am looking for something that gives lists based on spelling rules, isn't babyish, has difficult words, isn't full of busy work. I like the idea of Spelling Power with their word lists, but I don't want the lists to be random. I like R&S, but again, too much busy work. I want him to know the rules and words and move on. So, what would you recommend?

I'm using Megawords with my 8th graders. We started half way through their 7th grade year. The first level is pretty easy words, but we needed to start there because my girls had missed learning about the shwa sound. Your student can take test until they hit the level they need to be at.

Edited by missmoe

I'm using Megawords with my 15yods. I think it's helping. He did books 1 and 2 last year and will continue with the series this year. I think I saw at Rainbow that they have a book that has placement tests now but I just had my son start at the beginning.