Menu

I need *one* really good (nonfiction) book for beginning narration w/ ds9

HappyGrace

I'm hoping narration will help his attention, focus, etc. I don't want to use WWE. I just want a book or two to go through this summer to start basic narration, where I can stop after a paragraph or so and have him narrate back. (I will probably then go into WWE3 in the fall, as well as continue having him narrate from books.)

I looked at Christian Liberty Nature Reader, but level 2 is too easy and then 3 has too *much* info in each paragraph.

Any other ideas? Are there lists anywhere of books that are good for beginning narration?

Thanks!

I think SOTW is better than CHOW.

If you have the Activity Guide for any of the SOTW books, there are guided questions that take the student from the beginning to the end of the section. Each section is only a couple pages. You could have the student read the first paragraph or two and then ask the first and second question. A short answer, a sentence, is all that is required in answer. There are example answers for all the questions.

Once he has done that you can ask for a narration of the section. Again, there are examples of what that should look like.

With CHOW you will have to know what you are looking for with all his narrations. SOTW AG does that for you.

Remember, you are using the content to develop a skill. You are going to need to ask for details etc to develop the skill of retaining information of what is read.