Menu

Yesterday's Classics & Ambleside

cin

I bought the magic school bus DVDs and now I want these too. Darn budget.

That's too funny that these 2 purchases are connected for you too. Really our students don't have time to do both, so one or the other is fine, for now, and we have something to look forward to getting this Fall/Winter. If the ebooks went on sale twice now, I'll bet this sale will be offered again before Christmas.

That's too funny that these 2 purchases are connected for you too. Really our students don't have time to do both, so one or the other is fine, for now, and we have something to look forward to getting this Fall/Winter. If the ebooks went on sale twice now, I'll bet this sale will be offered again before Christmas.

Oooh- that's a good way of looking at it. I'm not getting it now- I'm getting it later. Thanks for the mental spin ;) I feel better now.

When I buy things on sale before I need them, I often forget I have them or find something I like better. Sale items seldom get used. Sad but true. Things that have been sitting on the shelf or a hard drive are never as exciting as something new.

I will overspend to get myself on track for the 3R's and skills, but never overextend for content, especially if there is no time in the schedule for it.

Thanks so much for posting about these books! I've signed up for the newsletter and will be on the lookout for that deal in the future.

If only I could get the whole set of Thornton Burgess books for a decent price! My 4 year old twins absolutely LOVE them as bedtime stories and I would love to pass them down to them to read to their children someday. :) Right now, ebooks are what we have for this set.

Brenda

My son absolutely loves listening to the free audio books from librivox. I'll try to link his page:

https://catalog.librivox.org/search.php?title=&author=thornton+burgess&status=all&action=Search

We bought our print copies from Dover and also received many from paperbackswap.

I'm wondering, are there colour pics included in the Burgess Bird and Burgess Animal books?

The epubs from Yesterday's Classics for both of these contain color illustrations. (One must, of course, have a color device in order to see it that way, though.)

These are available elsewhere, though, too. This one from archive.org contains color illustrations. I am not sure how cleaned up their epub is, but an illustrationless epub is available at gutenberg.org.

I want these so badly but I have 0 use for the Christmas stuff....I don't want to pay for stuff that I won't use.

The Christmas stories are only 6 out of 225 books... I don't expect to use all of them... Even if I only use 50 (and I hope to use more than that), that is a cost of only $1 each. I really wouldn't let that be the determining factor...

In other words, would you pay $50 for 219 books? If you would, then I'd say it's still worth getting.

JMHO,

Heather

There's a bunch in there I would never use. It's definitely a mixed bag. They are nicely formatted and free from the errors you get in having Google convert pdf into epub. If you can get the ones you want properly formatted in epub /kindle format for free, it's better to do it that way, unless you really want a bunch of them. I decided to get it, but I am not entirely sure it was wise...I won't be using a lot of them. I was happy to get some of them, though. It's cheaper than buying the ones I wanted in print, at least.

The epubs from Yesterday's Classics for both of these contain color illustrations. (One must, of course, have a color device in order to see it that way, though.)

These are available elsewhere, though, too. This one from archive.org contains color illustrations. I am not sure how cleaned up their epub is, but an illustrationless epub is available at gutenberg.org.

Thanks for the info :thumbup: