Menu

Wow!

shukriyya

I just scored an entire set, all 16 volumes, in excellent condition of The Golden Children's Encyclopedia from 1960! I've been looking for something like this for a long time, something that dc could dip into anytime. The pages are laid out very nicely, lovely watercolor pictures, not overcrowded and that quaint 60s feel.

This is a fabulous addition to our home school library. I know y'all can :party:with me on this one :D

I have this set and I like it too. I am not sure how much it gets used!

Mine had some problems with the spines. I ended up getting some tape (I can look at the name, but it's not regular old packaging tape, it's very thick) and taping all the spines. Some preemptively, some out of dire necessity. They look much nicer now. From what I've read online, this is their (physical) weak spot.

Here's the tape I used: Scotch Book Tape (its code number appears to be 845). It's 2 inches wide, and the roll is 15 yds long. I know that sounds short, but I taped all the spines and have tons left over for other book repair projects. It even looks pretty nice, not cheesy! :)