Menu

Best pencil erasers?

Well, the hive has definite advice on the best pencils, the best sharpener, etc., so what about the best pencil erasers that you buy to top the pencils once someone used (or chewed off) the original eraser. They are certainly not expensive, but I don't want to have a bunch of crummy ones floating around. What is the best? :bigear:

And 144 ought to last us at least a little while ... unless someone develops a real taste for them. They ought to come impregnated with bitter apple or something.

These are good:

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Mate-Arrowhead-Erasers-73015/dp/B00006IFAV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339791105&sr=8-1&keywords=arrowhead+pencil+erasers

Though the words "pink pearl" do not appear anywhere, these seem like true pink pearl erasers. I did order this giant box from Amazon, as our office supply stores seems to stock only the lousy colorful kind that don't really work well. I'm hoping this is a lifetime supply (or at least the life of our home school), but my kids really like them and put them on every pencil, so they might not last as long as I think they should. There are 144 in the box.

Yes, the best! These guys are thick and stay on tight. They don't break when you try to use them either. Plus there are a ton of them! Didn't realize how many I was buying till they got here, but on the plus side I won't ever be in need of a pencil eraser. :lol:

My personal favorite is the Pentel Clic Eraser. It leaves little to no eraser residue stuff, and erases much more thoroughly than the little pink ones.

You can buy refills, too.

I like these for me and liked them as a kid, but the little ones I have push the thing all the way out no matter what I tell them and break it. :confused: Or click it up and down continually during school. For me personally though, YES, I do buy those.

I like these for me and liked them as a kid, but the little ones I have push the thing all the way out no matter what I tell them and break it. :confused: Or click it up and down continually during school. For me personally though, YES, I do buy those.

Yeah, I didn't buy them for my little ones either. ;)

Well, these don't attach to a pencil, but we love the Iwako Japanese erasers that are little animals, foods, etc. For example, http://www.amazon.com/Iwako-Japanese-Erasers-Mini-Bento/dp/B0054EIKOA/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1339806918&sr=8-15&keywords=japanese+erasers

Good grief, those sure get the cutest ever vote. I put those on my wishlist. I don't know that I will be buying them for day to day but I plan to get sets for surprises for the kids at some point. Adorable!

:iagree:

I found some white pencil-top erasers of the same brand at Wal-mart. I love them, and plan on buying lots more in the near future.

(We go through pencils and their erasers like crazy around here.)

These are what we use, too. I get them at Walmart.

They work GREAT. We used them waaaay back in highschool when I learned manual drafting. They really do erase completely.

:iagree:

I found some white pencil-top erasers of the same brand at Wal-mart. I love them, and plan on buying lots more in the near future.

(We go through pencils and their erasers like crazy around here.)

:iagree: We love the pentil HiPoly white eraser and were stoked when we found they make cap erasers now too.