Menu

SOTW audios. Pairing the "revised" with the non-revised texts?

Hoggirl

I have SOTW Volume 2: The Middle Ages with a copyright of 2003. I am wanting to get the audiotapes for volume II to do along with our use of Biblioplan Year 2. On the PHP site, the audio is narrated by Jim Weiss and has the word "revised" next to it. Do I need to get a newer copyright of the text? My ds likes to follow along in the text while it is being read (this is what he did with MOH Volume I, and it worked quite well). However, if there are differences in the text, this will drive him mad! It would me, too! So, do I need to get the newer version of SOTW 2 for him?

I purchased the 2003 text and ordered the revised CDs to use this past school year. I read along in the text quite often (although we didn't get past ch. 34 or so), and didn't notice a ton of differences. Most of what I noticed, they had maybe inserted or deleted a date or two, or had incorporated one of the notes from the bottom of the page into the text itself. It didn't happen very often, and wasn't particularly bothersome to me, but YMMV. You might just give it a try first - if it bothers your son, go for the new text.

Erica