Menu

C-rods, store them jumbled together or sorted?

diaperjoys

I'm very organized, but my C-rods get a toss in the bin.

schoolarea.jpg

See the GREEN bin on top of the drawer set in the middle of my setup? That's how we store all our c-rods. No regrets thus far. My girls like digging in the tub. I've had them all sorted by color previously and they didn't allow the kids to "dig" as much and to them they want the appeal of "digging"...:lol: DS is now learning with c-rods and he likes to "dig" too of course!

Wow. I completely disagree. We have this set and it includes a tray that keeps the c-rods sorted. I don't think I could use them as much as I do without having them pre-sorted. We use them literally every single day for 2 children, frequently for multiple sets of problems, and I'd go nuts looking through a jumble for as many as we need. I have a kid with a slow processing speed and if we had to find them and then do math, I doubt we would ever get to the math part.

Wow. I completely disagree. We have this set and it includes a tray that keeps the c-rods sorted. I don't think I could use them as much as I do without having them pre-sorted. We use them literally every single day for 2 children, frequently for multiple sets of problems, and I'd go nuts looking through a jumble for as many as we need. I have a kid with a slow processing speed and if we had to find them and then do math, I doubt we would ever get to the math part.

Thank you, I was reading through the thread thinking I must have issues! We keep ours sorted. I am by far and away NOT a neat freak however this way I can see if any have gone missing (frequently) plus having to search for the right one would ensure my squirelly DD lost her math mojo.

We have a set like that too and it never occurred to me to store them anywhere else. It worked fine. Jumbled together probably works fine too. I don't think this is a make or break issue. :)

Wow. I completely disagree. We have this set and it includes a tray that keeps the c-rods sorted. I don't think I could use them as much as I do without having them pre-sorted. We use them literally every single day for 2 children, frequently for multiple sets of problems, and I'd go nuts looking through a jumble for as many as we need.

Same here. We also have several little ones who like to use them when the older children are working their math problems, so some often go missing. I like being able to see exactly how many of which color we are searching for.

We keep ours in a ziplock bag jumbled. The first thing the kids want to do when I take out the bag is free play. They build things with them, so a presorted tray would just get dumped out anyway.

Edited by Melenie

Sorted (in a craft store bead box). We've done both ways, and I find sorted is somewhat more useful for my beginner dd as she's learning the rods... she can see clearly laid out all of her options. Before, she was trying the same rods over and over again, and skipping the correct rod, when she was doing a puzzle or something.

We also play one game with them where the game is over when you run out of three colors, so sorted is nice there.

NOT a make-or-break thing, though.

Edited by cottonmama