Menu

PMS...what helps

Melissel turned me on to a book called "The Mood Cure" which talks about using vitamins and amino acids to handle PMS and other mood issues. I tried it and loved it! For me, the 5 HTP works like a charm...you can get it at any vitamin store. It's not a cure-all...I have PMDD and NOTHING is a cure-all!...but it has been a life-changer for me.

Here's a link to the thread where we discussed it:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26267

The progesterone cream: I got mine from GNC based on the recommended brands from Dr. John Lee's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause". It is spread on several areas of your body on a rotational basis such as the hands, neck, under sides of the arms (I put on the wrist area), chest. It is to be used once or twice a day from day 12 to 26 of your cycle. I started with twice a day, but that was a bit much (I was edgy). I switched to once a day after a few days of the other and was fine.

http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/pge2effects.html

The above site has a list of the effects of estrogen and of progesterone. When I went through the list, I realized that I was having a lot of the effects on the estrogen side. Also, during pregnancy, progesterone levels are very high. I remembered that I was more calm and stable while pregnant, than I had ever been in my life. Those things led me to believe that I was lacking in progesterone. I decided to give it try and it has worked wonders for me! I have only been using it for a month total, but right away, I could really tell my energy level, mood, everything, got better.

(I copied part of another post that I wrote. I have a book by Dr. John Lee and one by Anne Gittleman on premenopause -- bad pms is one of issues)