Menu

Scheduling by subject vs. by week?

Joyful

Last year, I used Homeschoolschedtracker.com to schedule lessons/work for my kids. For each subject, I entered in order the workbook pages/assignments that they were to do in sequence. At the beginning of each week, I would print out a schedule for each day from the website. It was fine in the beginning. But as the year went on, if I forgot to log in to the account and check off that the assignments were done, the scheduling would be off. And some times, some subjects got done, while others did not because of extra activities, or because it took longer to do some of the work. As is true with life, things happen, and it got harder to make sure I logged on to enter the data.

So for the coming year, I was thinking of doing things a little differently. I was thinking that I would use Excel and generate a schedule for each subject. And DC can just check off the assignments as they go down the lists.

Does anyone do this for their DC? If you do, can you please tell me how things have been working out? Thanks!

Thanks! I didn't know I could do that.

I'll go back and take a look to see if that would help with the problem....

You can schedule by subject in Skedtrack and print out the subject list of assignments as well.

HTH.

I ended up doing this with history and science last year. I filled a page with science lessons and another page with history lessons. I tried to do two lessons of each per week. It was great to not have super messy planning sheets b/c we did the reading and math, but not the science so the science had to be moved over, but then I had to cross three other lessons out to bump them up. You know how that goes. I intend to do the same thing next year, but to expand it to the children's other lessons as well.

Last year, I used Homeschoolschedtracker.com to schedule lessons/work for my kids. For each subject, I entered in order the workbook pages/assignments that they were to do in sequence. At the beginning of each week, I would print out a schedule for each day from the website. It was fine in the beginning. But as the year went on, if I forgot to log in to the account and check off that the assignments were done, the scheduling would be off. And some times, some subjects got done, while others did not because of extra activities, or because it took longer to do some of the work. As is true with life, things happen, and it got harder to make sure I logged on to enter the data.

So for the coming year, I was thinking of doing things a little differently. I was thinking that I would use Excel and generate a schedule for each subject. And DC can just check off the assignments as they go down the lists.

Does anyone do this for their DC? If you do, can you please tell me how things have been working out? Thanks!

I did this last year ... worked well !!