KellieMI Posted June 14, 2012 Share Posted June 14, 2012 (edited) Good morning! My husband and I are stuck and just wondering what others would do. (Back story) My husband grew up, "up north" and for the last few years, he has applied for positions that would allow us to move up there to raise our 3 sons. In the last 9 months, we have purchased a home, my husband's parents have moved from there, and in 4 weeks he is set to start a new job working for a company he has wanted to work with for a long time. Two days ago, a job offer came from "up" there totally out of the blue. He applied for something similar a year ago, but it didn't happen. Both offers are great. We have gone around and around and both of us are stuck. So, if anyone would care to add their two cents... If you could choose, would you 1. Stay where you are (You just bought a house., What if it doesn't sell? What are you thinking!) _______or 2. Go for it (You have 3 boys, of course take them up there! At least it happened before you started working for new company. You've wanted this for the last 3 years and here it is.) I know there are many factors. People are different. We have only lived here 9 months, but we've made fast friends. Boys are torn, too. They love the outdoors, but they've also made some great friends. This would be 7 hours away. So, so torn, and the decision needs to be made quickly, so he (my husband) can either accept new job or tell new comany, sorry, but something else has come up. It feels like it's coming down to career goals for my hubby. Do you want to climb the corporate ladder or raise your boys in the outdoors, like he did. So, ladies and gents, what would you do? Any insight appreciated! Edited June 14, 2012 by KellieMI Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.