Menu

Dr.Hive, I'm worried. (female issues, TMI, so sorry)

:grouphug:

Has the doctor contacted you with the results of the u/s yet? If not, I think I'd call and see if they can tell you anything.

Eta: I'm a slow typist...I'd call the dr back and see if they have any ideas...

Edited by bonniebeth4

Well, this is just a guess, but it's possibly a cyst on the ovary. I have had these, once one showed up on an US but at other times they resolve and don't show up. The pain I have from these cysts is usually felt in that PMS time frame. Mine have, so far, all gone away on their own, but I know that doesn't always happen. Also, the pain I've felt has been more concentrated to one side or the other, not just central/uterine.

I would hope that my doc would be more inclined to investigate things further. Hope yours will...

:grouphug:

Has the doctor contacted you with the results of the u/s yet? If not, I think I'd call and see if they can tell you anything.

Eta: I'm a slow typist...I'd call the dr back and see if they have any ideas...

I have gone to see her again and she doesn't have any ideas. :glare:

She says perhaps endometriosis but she said I don't really fit the typical symptoms. :confused:

I had about 6 months last year (before I had surgery, and then got pregnant) when I had similar tenderness. If DD or the dog weren't really careful, I was crying out in pain.

During my surgery I was diagnosed with probable mild adenomyosis. It's similar to endometriosis (which I also had), but it's entirely contained within the uterus. It wouldn't show up in an ultrasound except to a very skilled expert in the area.

The good news is that adenomyosis will probably not prevent you from getting pregnant again (though there might be an increased risk of miscarriage and/or infertility, but that hasn't been proven). The bad news is that there's no cure except hysterectomy. So it's a live with the pain or take drastic measures kind of disease. :tongue_smilie:

I have no idea if you have any of the other symptoms... but the tenderness sounds so very much like what I felt. Hopefully yours is something more temporary, though!

The same thing happened to me just recently - my AF didn't come back until 19 months postpartum :D but right before it did I too had the ton'o gunk AND the pain - and I thought that it might be that my parts where getting into gear to work again and my very first AF was extremely watery and heavy and no pain and only lasted 3 days - but let me tell you - TMI - I went through a whole package of pads and it sounded like I peeing when I wasn't peeing, kwim?

Now, the reason that I thought that it was just all that was because I have had ovarian cysts before and they can be painful and I sometimes get them right before AF - but they are especially painful when they burst (I have had rebound pain!!) and a few weeks after I once had a pelvic infection following a d&c - I had the ton'o gunk then too and the reasoning was that it was a bunch of cells sloffing off.

My periods have been slowly getting.... ummm thicker??? I have only had about 6 since having my ds2. Having done some research on the web I think that I am having some hormonal issues because I am still nursing him quite a bit even at night.

HTH :grouphug:

I have gone to see her again and she doesn't have any ideas. :glare:

She says perhaps endometriosis but she said I don't really fit the typical symptoms. :confused:

Well, those would be unusual symptoms for endometriosis. I have endo, and it feels like horrible horrible cramps. Plus, depending on where else the material is, you can have intestinal cramping or more upper abdominal pain and usually ovarian pain that goes with it. However, I have read that some women can have very little pain and yet have severe endometriosis, so maybe.

Though, it seems like adenomyosis is a better fit with the way you describe such localized pain.

:grouphug: I hope you get it figured out soon.

Edited by jewellsmommy

I get that way too when I'm ovulating. I don't know why, but it happens.

I also wanted to say that with every kid comes change. You just don't know whose body you're going to get back! AF changes, how you show symptoms changes...all of it. You have to find your new normal and go from there.:grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by justamouse

Are you still nursing? I am nursing my 14mo and the last few cycles have been strange. Horrible pain 10-14ish days after AF starts which is probably ovulation pain, heavy periods etc. When I went for my annual checkup the dr said it's all normal for a nursing mother, someone getting older (I'm 35), etc. It's a pain when it hurts but it goes away pretty fast. My periods have been heavy but getting a bit lighter lately.

I had about 6 months last year (before I had surgery, and then got pregnant) when I had similar tenderness. If DD or the dog weren't really careful, I was crying out in pain.

During my surgery I was diagnosed with probable mild adenomyosis. It's similar to endometriosis (which I also had), but it's entirely contained within the uterus. It wouldn't show up in an ultrasound except to a very skilled expert in the area.

The good news is that adenomyosis will probably not prevent you from getting pregnant again (though there might be an increased risk of miscarriage and/or infertility, but that hasn't been proven). The bad news is that there's no cure except hysterectomy. So it's a live with the pain or take drastic measures kind of disease. :tongue_smilie:

I have no idea if you have any of the other symptoms... but the tenderness sounds so very much like what I felt. Hopefully yours is something more temporary, though!

I was dxed with this too about 5 years ago, when my youngest was two. It was awful to the pioint that I was on serious meds to deal with the pain. The good news is that after about a year the pain went away for the most part, and now I rarely have pain of that magnitude. Some times I still get some pain, but it only lasts a few days.

I was dxed with this too about 5 years ago, when my youngest was two. It was awful to the pioint that I was on serious meds to deal with the pain. The good news is that after about a year the pain went away for the most part, and now I rarely have pain of that magnitude. Some times I still get some pain, but it only lasts a few days.

Ok. Now I'm freaking out more than I was before. :tongue_smilie::lol:

I looked at the symptoms you linked but I don't have any of those. Also the u/s showed that my uterus wasn't enlarged at all. Not saying at all that you're not onto something just maybe trying to make myself feel better that that's not what it is. :001_huh::tongue_smilie:

Eeek.

I'm sorry you've been diagnosed with this. :grouphug:

I get that way too when I'm ovulating. I don't know why, but it happens.

I also wanted to say that with every kid comes change. You just don't know whose body you're going to get back! AF changes, how you show symptoms changes...all of it. You have to find your new normal and go from there.:grouphug::grouphug:

Uugh. I'm not loving this new normal. Although the first 15 mos were pretty good. ;)