Pamela H in Texas Posted June 13, 2012 Share Posted June 13, 2012 Please help us decide whether to move (again) or not.... Facts: 1) we absolutely love our house and subdivision including the location for most things. It is nice to say we live here. It is nice to have people over. It mostly fits our needs. We have easy access to our extra curriculars. Hubby's commute is decent (typical suburb). 2) This house is furnished. If we move, we need a livingroom set, diningroom set, and a few dressers. We actually have enough beds for us and are not using any of the beds that were already here currently (we have in the past). 3) New house I found is in our old town. It is $325 per month cheaper. Bills would probably be comparable (possibly slightly more) because though it is slightly smaller, it is older so probably not as well insulated (guy that owns current house went above and beyond for this house). It is further out so a longer drive for hubby but our play, meeting, volunteer work commutes would be considerably shorter and I drive the mini van and 12 passenger. It meets hubby's other criteria for a house (in a subdivision, manageable yard, etc), however when I mentioned the house, he said, "in ********?!?" like he wasn't thrilled. 4) old town is where most of our support system (our congregation) is. This is HUGE for my big kids and me and ideally would become big for the little kids in time. But then we do have to drive back this way for some things (doctor, gymnastics, etc) 5) pull to consider public school would be NIL in our old town. ***6) if kids are not adopted by the end of summer, we MUST move so as not to allow that person access to our little one who would HAVE to attend school at the school he attended last year (as it is the one we're districted for for preK as well as the one that has PPCD) which would likely delay our adoption indefinitely because she has made it clear to EVERYONE she will do whatever it takes to get the kids removed from us. She has already lied, called cps multiple times per week, etc. Mostly though, the concern is further abuse of our children (questioning, coaching for interviews, looking them over for the slightest mark, pitting them against me....all that was majorly stressing them out). ***7) SHE lives in the old town also so our chances of running into her are fairly great (though they are fairly decent here also). After adoption, that likely makes little difference. Before adoption, it could, but....we would likely "hide out" a little before the adoption rather than hanging out in public too much. My main thoughts are 1) we can't let her have access, 2) I want to be in that town for support reasons, 3) it'll be less $ which makes a difference as we're losing $1850 per month of the foster care stipend with their adoption. Any thoughts to consider further? Obviously we need a family meeting. There seems to be pros and cons both directions. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.