Menu

What to do in Chicago?

We are hosting a 15 year old German girl for 5 weeks this summer, and I plan to take her to Chicago for a girls' weekend. Since I'm babysitting, we will leave Friday afternoon, get there late, wake up and have all day Saturday and part of Sunday (until around 2 or 3).

Any suggestions on what to do? I've been to Chicago twice, but both times were very long ago.

Any suggestions on where to stay?

Thanks!

Here's a thread from a couple months ago:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376298

You might like to go shopping on the Michigan Mile of stores, and possibly to Chinatown for dim sum, something I didn't manage to fit in on our last trip. If she likes art, I hear the art museum downtown is wonderful.

We stayed at a brand new Hampton Inn that was attached to a shopping center in Mt. Prospect. The only thing they lacked was laundry facilities. We drove into Chicago from there. You'd be within reach of the Woodfield Mall, the largest in the area, too.

Here's a thread from a couple months ago:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376298

You might like to go shopping on the Michigan Mile of stores, and possibly to Chinatown for dim sum, something I didn't manage to fit in on our last trip. If she likes art, I hear the art museum downtown is wonderful.

We stayed at a brand new Hampton Inn that was attached to a shopping center in Mt. Prospect. The only thing they lacked was laundry facilities. We drove into Chicago from there. You'd be within reach of the Woodfield Mall, the largest in the area, too.

Thank you!