Menu

Williamsburg during Homeschool Weeks

Guest rightler

Guest rightler

We are thinking of going to Williamsburg during their scheduled time for homeschoolers. Has anyone gone during this time in the past? How crowded is it? What is the discount for homeschoolers?

Curious

Thanks

Brian

We went last fall. It was great. It is not that crowded, and certainly much less so than in the summer. I forget the exact discount but it was definitely worth it. It's easy to check out the regular Williamsburg website and the homeschool one to see what the discount is. It's less of a discount the less school-age kids you have.

Great Wolf Lodge near there also runs homeschool days during the same period. Many people stay there for at least one of the nights. Those discounts are very good.

My kids enjoyed Williamsburg but really enjoyed Jamestown even more.

We are thinking of going to Williamsburg during their scheduled time for homeschoolers. Has anyone gone during this time in the past? How crowded is it? What is the discount for homeschoolers?

Curious

Thanks

Brian

Not crowded at all. Don't remember the exact discount, but it was quite substantial. You should be able to google it.

Through VRBO, we rented a condo at the Powhatan Resort for less than the price of a Comfort Inn/Best Western/etc type hotel room. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full living room and equipped kitchen, W/D and hot tub with outdoor pool privileges. It was maybe a 10 min drive to Colonial Williamsburg. Very inexpensive vacation!

Not crowded at all. Don't remember the exact discount, but it was quite substantial. You should be able to google it.

Through VRBO, we rented a condo at the Powhatan Resort for less than the price of a Comfort Inn/Best Western/etc type hotel room. We had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full living room and equipped kitchen, W/D and hot tub with outdoor pool privileges. It was maybe a 10 min drive to Colonial Williamsburg. Very inexpensive vacation!

This! I could have written this post exactly. Many condos at Powhatan for a ridiculously cheap price. It is a nice resort, at least the unit we were in was super.

We did this a few years ago and coupled it with a trip to DC. I believe it is in September, right? It was not crowded at all. This was also true for DC where we walked right up to the Constitution in the National Archives. My ps-ed niece had gone in the summer, and I think she waited in line three hours to look at it!

We did Williamsburg (even through in Busch Gardens), Jamestown, and Mount Vernon for four days and spent three days in DC. Part of the Smithsonian was closed at the time. If that hadn't been the case we would have needed another day in DC.

We went in March - definately not crowded bc it was SNOWING! We had a blast though. We also went to Jamestown and Yorktown with homeschool discounts. We stayed at the Woodlands and walked over to Colonial Williamsburg every day. We spent 4 days in DC after and walked all over with the huge snowdrifts everywhere. It was the best trip. I would probably go in September next time to see the gardens. It didn't work out that year due to activities.