Menu

Update on Grace, residency, financial aid

Back in February, I posted about Grace's in-state residency status in VA being denied and our appeal. I thought our story might be helpful for someone else.

She was not accepted at William and Mary, her first choice, but was accepted at UVA. So, she accepted and worked incredibly hard to apply for scholarships. When we received her financial aid package, we found that she had been awarded a grant through AccessUVA (http://www.virginia.edu/financialaid/access.php) that pays 100% of demonstrated need.

We were totally blown away.

Perhaps this info will be helpful to someone whose considering VA schools. We are just so immensely thankful.

Glad to hear it's working out nicely!

Yes, UVA is well-known for being one of the few public schools that tends to provide 100% need even to out of state students. It's tough to get in, but if you like it and make it in, it can be a great deal financially.

Having been a Hokie, UVA was never a consideration in our household for rivalry reasons. ;) (But I wish your daughter well!)