Menu

PLEASE pray with me for my ds w/bipolar

A. is one of my adult sons who has battled this horrible disease for the past 14 years of his life. He has had extremely serious bouts of mania and has had to be committed several times in the past, has been hospitalized more times than I can count and has even been in jail when he was acting out in illness. This journey has been the utter heartbreak of my life as a mother. You can't imagine having a sweet, darling, intelligent, creative and loving little boy that grows up to become a man with very serious mental illness. It's like a monster stepped out from the shadows and stole my baby!

Fortunately, for the past 5 years A. has been stable and on his meds. This has been the most stable period of time since he was first diagnosed in 1998. He has a 6 yo dd that means the world to him, and I credit that for the resolve he's shown in staying on meds and cooperating with doctors. That, and maturity have made a big difference. Unfortunately the meds that have been working these past 5 years have given him side effects that have become intolerable, so with a doctor's supervision he is going to have to change to another antipsychotic drug. I would be lying if I said I'm not scared about this.

The Lord has watched over A. and protected him from so much during this journey, and He has given me strength to get through every episode. I don't know how I would have gotten this far without my faith in Christ! I'm asking today for prayer warriors to stand with me through A.'s transition from one drug to another. I believe God hears the cry of a mother's heart and also that prayer is much more powerful than we realize - especially the prayers of many.

Thank you so much for reading this and remembering A. and our family at this time.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Unfortunately the meds that have been working these past 5 years have given him side effects that have become intolerable, so with a doctor's supervision he is going to have to change to another antipsychotic drug. I would be lying if I said I'm not scared about this.

:grouphug: I see this heart break every day.

:grouphug: This is very scary, and I'm so glad he's doing this with supervision. Please make sure he has a "plan" in that those around him know to call if things start to go bad. Not just a crisis number where you are told to call back if he is suicidal or homicidal.

:grouphug:

It means the world to me that others are willing to pray with me for A. and for our family.

If you're interested in learning more about our story, I did write this article in my blog in Dec. of 2009. Unfortunately the attempt at going to college didn't work out well for A., but I'm happy to say that since then he's been able to hold a job for nearly a year, which is something he hasn't been able to do in many years.

Continued prayers would be most appreciated, and I'll keep you all posted on how it's going.

Blessings,

Lucinda