Menu

Curtain dilemma

Help me pick fabric for these curtains I need. We have a very open downstairs. My dining room curtains are floor length in THIS fabric. My home is not formal, however I wanted a traditional print for the dining room. My desk is in front of a window on the other side of the room across from the sofas/chairs and I am making sill length curtains here because my desk runs across the entire window and I have bookshelves on either side. I want something "funner" and modern like. Should I do the same color but different print? The other option is same print different color, in coral, or a completely different print. I have throw pillows/quilts with these blues and corals but I wonder if it would clash to have totally different curtains?

chevron

geometric

coral

Edited by 425lisamarie

Your dining room print is beautiful, and although traditional, it would look totally hip paired with the coral. If you want a serene room, choose either of the blue fabrics. If you want "fun", go with the coral. The print you are looking at is the same scale and "feel", so I think it would pair beautifully. The way to pull it all together is to use some strong accents of the coral in both rooms. The dining room curtains will act like a neutral against the coral accents.

Your dining room print is beautiful, and although traditional, it would look totally hip paired with the coral. If you want a serene room, choose either of the blue fabrics. If you want "fun", go with the coral. The print you are looking at is the same scale and "feel", so I think it would pair beautifully. The way to pull it all together is to use some strong accents of the coral in both rooms. The dining room curtains will act like a neutral against the coral accents.

:iagree: And she said it much better than I would have. :D

I would stay away from the chevrons for something that labor intensive, because it will instantly date your room in a few years. For wildly popular things like chevrons, stick to simple, inexpensive touches (like paint or throw pillows or throw rugs) that won't kill you to change in a while.

Well, I've just been looking for coral curtains for my school room, so I guess I'm biased toward the coral. I think those are gorgeous. I'm not really a fan of the zigzag - I think it would make my eyes go crazy if I looked at it too long.

I have this cushion in my school room - don't you think it looks similar? :001_smile: