Menu

I need the tastiest children's multivitamin -- please

My kids love the Animal Parade vitamins. I won't use commercial vitamins b/c of the food coloring (many of them like the Flintstones have food dyes). Animal Parade (found at my health food store) does not have dyes...just natural coloring. They are the ONLY vitamins my ds7 will eat (he is VERY picky).

My kids love the Animal Parade vitamins. I won't use commercial vitamins b/c of the food coloring (many of them like the Flintstones have food dyes). Animal Parade (found at my health food store) does not have dyes...just natural coloring. They are the ONLY vitamins my ds7 will eat (he is VERY picky).

Flinstones and the like are loaded dyes and sugar. I think it defeats the purpose of giving them viatmins. They are also made from synthetic vatamins and Animal Parade are natural. I get them pretty cheaply from vitacost.com.

:iagree: Dc particularly like the grape (not so much the orange - don't know why)

A different point of view-

I don't think a children's chewable should taste good. It makes it tempting for kids to eat the whole bottle. My kids could remove a child-proof lid by the time they were 3.

I go for an all-natural brand. They are usually edible, but not something my kids would beg for more of.

Can anyone recommend a very tasty children's chewable multivitamin?

A different point of view-

I don't think a children's chewable should taste good. It makes it tempting for kids to eat the whole bottle. My kids could remove a child-proof lid by the time they were 3.

I go for an all-natural brand. They are usually edible, but not something my kids would beg for more of.

I agree, though the vitamins should be more than just barely palatable. We use Kangavites. They are sweetened enough my fussy almost 4 will eat them, but they don't taste like candy.

:lurk5:

Thanks, I desperately needed this information as well! Been fighting all week to get my four kids to take their vitamins...we use a USANA brand and they hate them. Going now to get Animal Parade from Vitacost, since I already shop there!

We love Nutrition Now Rhino Beanie Vites. They are jelly beans and they actually taste just like jelly beans. Although, you have to like jelly beans.

I am placing a Frontier wholesale order on Sunday and they are on sale this month. $9.99 for 180 ct. Two beans are the daily dosage for both child and adult, but only my 12 and olders take two. I'm stocking up.

http://www.nutritionnow.com/rhinodaily.htm

My kids will only eat the gummy type vitamins. I buy the largest bottle of Sundown Spiderman Gummies at Target for about $11-12 for 180-count, or the Target brand Teddy bear gummies. My kids don't get into them on their own, but I do keep them put away just in case ds3 decides to help himself.

I understand your concern, but my kids couldn't get to the vitamins when they were three (I gave them their vitamin then) and now that they are 7 and 8 they just don't eat more than they are supposed to. They know that medicine and vitamins are not food and they can each hurt you if taken in the wrong quantity. They just don't sneak things. They each have their own candy on their bed leftover from holidays and they don't even sneak that.

My oldest was a sneaker, though, so I have been there -- but his only pertained to actual food/candy.

The absolute best are Juice Plus gummies. My kids are 12 and 14 and still eat them.They have been on them for six yrs. and we have cut majorly on all illnesses.

I eat them too , because they are easy , I just double up on what they take. If dh is home he pops em in mouth too.

Good stuff,

Jet