Menu

Yesterday

I got whining, complaining, arguing and laziness from my dc...all before breakfast. My 5yo gave me a rubber duck which my 3yo promptly claimed as her own. My 5yo wanted the box back that she put the duck in. My older dc went to a movie at the library so I got to do their evening chores. My babies spit up on me then pooped out their diapers just as I was putting clean jammies on them. My 1yo fell and knocked his head then his 3yo sister ran into him and knocked him down again. My dh bought a peach pie (which I hate) and milk chocolate bars (which I also hate) for dessert. And my 5yo guessed that I am 49 years old (not for another 10 years, honey!).

Birthdays are way overrated. Next year I'm not even coming out of my room. :glare: Either that or I'm buying my own stinking cake and eating it all by myself (my dh can eat the gross peach pie from a grocery store bakery - blech - with the dc).

Awwww, sweetie, I'm sorry. I've never had peach pie :001_huh: but it simply. doesn't. sound. appealing. :ack2:

The little tiny kids have a way of making us feel very un-special on our birthdays, don't they? :lol: :grouphug: I figure it's my season in life to give and be gracious, even when I don't want to be. And don't get me wrong- I not always a happy giver :tongue_smilie: but I've learned not to expect much on birthdays or other such occasions during the early years. From the kids or dh. ;) I figure I'll make them make up for them when they're older. ;)

Happy belated birthday. I'm sorry it wasn't a fantastic day for you. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug: Sorry you had such a rotten day! Sounds like you need a do-over. :001_smile:

How about you designate a day for your teens to take the littles to the park for a few hours? Or get movies for the kids, put your olders in charge, and shut yourself in your room with lunch, your favorite dessert, a fun DVD and your laptop? Oh, and a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. :lol: Are your older kids capable of taking care of babies?

BTW, did you tell your DH what you wanted for dessert? I have to be VERY specific with my DH and DS with things like that. :tongue_smilie:

Hoping for a better day tomorrow, and a great birthday next year!

:grouphug:

BTW, did you tell your DH what you wanted for dessert? I have to be VERY specific with my DH and DS with things like that.
YES! Every year since I was 3yo (no joke) I have asked for yellow cake with white icing and yellow roses. It hasn't changed in all those years and my dh knows that very well. Why he brought home peach pie I have no idea (other than that he really likes it....hmmmm). I told him flat out how I wanted to spend my day (no more hints around here as he doesn't get it). I should have just planned it, I know that now. A do-over sounds pretty good...

Would you like a few of us to stop by and pound him on the head? :lol:

Absolutely! Just bring a yellow cake with white icing and yellow roses with you. We'll all sit and eat it together (well, dh can eat his peach pie!). :D

:smash:

Here ya go!

Order the cake you want and have him pick it up. Enjoy your do-over day!