Menu

Can we handle one more tEa poll today? Pregnancy

When pregnant, have your interest in and enjoyment of tEa been:  

1. 1. When pregnant, have your interest in and enjoyment of tEa been:

• More than usual
    • Less than usual
    • About the same
    • Other

So I keep hearing how some women have greater interest in and enjoy their tEa more when pregnant. That has been so NOT my experience...I'm wondering just how common it is. If it depends on the phase of pregnancy please vote for the overall average and clarify in comments.

I definitely enjoy tEa much more than daily when pregnant. Toward the end of pregnancy, it becomes necessary to be more creative when setting the table, pouring the tEa, and, of course, actually drinking it, but that doesn't deter us from very frequent tEa times.

LOL, my dh loves it when I'm pg because my desire for teA is outrageously high! I feel beautiful and sexy and oh so feminine! My confidence level shoots way up.

Then the baby is born and it's all over. :glare: No more confidence, no more feeling sexy, no more teA (until baby is weaned).

LOL, my dh loves it when I'm pg because my desire for teA is outrageously high! I feel beautiful and sexy and oh so feminine! My confidence level shoots way up.

Then the baby is born and it's all over. :glare: No more confidence, no more feeling sexy, no more teA (until baby is weaned).

I have zippo cravings for teA while nursing too. As long as dh doesn't mind a lukewarm cup of Lipton now and then I let him have it, lol. Pregnancy has usually been normal to less desire, especially toward the end.

I definitely enjoy tEa much more than daily when pregnant. Toward the end of pregnancy, it becomes necessary to be more creative when setting the table, pouring the tEa, and, of course, actually drinking it, but that doesn't deter us from very frequent tEa times.

wait, what?

I voted about the same. I would say that when I am pregnant I definitely have it pop in to my mind more than usual. But when it comes down to it I am usually too tired or feeling sick by bedtime(my last two pregnancies I mostly felt sick at night). If daytime tEa was easier to make happen maybe my answer would be more.

Depends on the trimester. :) Definitely NOT during the 1st, yes during the 2nd, and sometimes during the 3rd. :)

Then it tanks postpartum and while nursing.

Pretty much the same here.

I'm not sure how much of the "while nursing" is nursing hormones, and how much is a desire*to not risk another kid yet.

I wanted more tEa after morning sickness ended. But by 30 weeks or so, my enjoyment of tEa was less complete. I still wanted it all the time, but . . . I always got cold at the end. (I'm terrible at analogies!)

The first 3 months nursing always made me want less tEa. But after that, I was good to go. :D