Menu

Any experience with iCloud + iPad?

DH and I have been sharing a iPad - he for work, me for homeschool. We were able to get a refurbished iPad this week for me to use for school stuff. Now I need to figure out how to get my files from one iPad to the other.

Mostly, I am concerned with transferring my Notability app AND the PDFs contained in it. As I'm sure you know, Notability allows DS to write on the PDFs directly on the iPad so we don't have to print pages. It's a big paper/time-saver.

If I backup to iCloud, will it keep my files/data? Can I choose which apps to transfer from the cloud? I don't need DH's work apps, for instance.

There's probably more I need/want to tell you, but my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Thanks for any help!

I don't know how it all works, but you need to be careful about sharing files through iCloud. It seems like the safest way to do it is to just have all files on both devices. We tried sharing and then DH deleted his files from my iPad - and lost them all. When he deleted them from my iPad, they deleted from iCloud and there's no way to get them back (at least, no way that he's found and he's tried a lot!).