Menu

Space Unit Study

When ds was that age I chose one author (Dana Meacham Rau, a couple years later we went through Seymour Simon's books) and we read all her books on space--solar system, space travel, etc. We also did a small model of the solar system. And dh took ds to a planetarium. And we just tried to identify constellations and observe moon phases. H. A. Rey has a book on constellations but we just used a field guide we already had. We didn't track planet movements; maybe you could do that.

When ds was that age I chose one author (Dana Meacham Rau, a couple years later we went through Seymour Simon's books) and we read all her books on space--solar system, space travel, etc. We also did a small model of the solar system. And dh took ds to a planetarium. And we just tried to identify constellations and observe moon phases. H. A. Rey has a book on constellations but we just used a field guide we already had. We didn't track planet movements; maybe you could do that.

This is great, thanks!

We are loving Intellego Astronomy!

Will check this out, thanks!

Will look at the links, thank you!

I have about 2 pages of astronomy related posts on my site. We did a prehistory unit that started with the big bang. Some of it may be relevant for you depending on your perspective. You can see them here.

Thank you, I will look through your stuff!