Menu

Can I teach d'Nealian and still do WRTR?

Irishmommy

I was talking with someone today and he said that if I wanted to continue with d'Nealian handwriting that I just should look for something else. From what I have read, it seems I am basically teaching the letters in the same way, just adding a tail. Is the handwriting that central to the program that I should look for something else if I want to use a different font?

I was talking with someone today and he said that if I wanted to continue with d'Nealian handwriting that I just should look for something else. From what I have read, it seems I am basically teaching the letters in the same way, just adding a tail. Is the handwriting that central to the program that I should look for something else if I want to use a different font?

I've seen youtube videos of them used together.

I don't see why it won't work. You will do the spelling, reading and grammar lessons Spalding-style anD'nelian (instead of Spalding) for handwriting. We do rules-based spelling and Italics for handwriting and it works just fine.

I can always depend on Ellie for a vocabulary lesson :-) Thanks Ellie!

YW. :D

And the reason for the vocabulary lessons is that we hsers often have to interface with professional educators (and others) who know these terms, and we should be as well-spoken as they. It also keeps good communication going on between us, KWIM?

YW. :D

And the reason for the vocabulary lessons is that we hsers often have to interface with professional educators (and others) who know these terms, and we should be as well-spoken as they. It also keeps good communication going on between us, KWIM?

:iagree: