Menu

Talk to me about ProClick

We're done with this school year. I'm getting prepped for a new start in July. What can you tell me about ProClick P50?

I'm looking at the ProClick P50 Desktop Binding Machine and thinking this would be the answer for all these "booklets" I've been printing out this week -- you know, things like Math Mammoth, our copywork pages (StartWrite), our Kindergarten spelling pages (also StartWrite), some poetry study pages for my 2nd grader, our USA Geography books with maps and more. How do I bind these?

I don't want to put it all in three-ring binders, because these take up more space on the work table (and on the shelves) and I don't think the kids will pull out bulky binders to browse through their work as much as they would with a smaller type of book.

I could take all these stacks to Staples and have them bound, but then we can't add anything during the year. Also, I think the price of binding would add up... so why not just put the money towards a ProClick? ;)

:bigear: Pros? Cons? Tips?

I just got one, but haven't used it yet. Because of a tip I got from a recent thread, the cheapest place I found it was at my local Office Depot. It was $54.99 (others reported their local price as $52.99). I used the $10 off $50 coupon, so the total cost was around $50 for me.

I'm :bigear: for tips on using it!

Thanks! I did a search here and found that thread, too, LOL. I think Office Depot is getting a lot of business from the boards. :D

Tomorrow I plan to go to our local OD and get one, if they have one. I think it will be perfect for putting together smaller books that I don't want in a 3-ring binder.

My ProClick has been my best homeschooling purchase! I was using the file folder system but having a hard time with papers everywhere. I wasn't disciplined enough to properly file everything when the kids were done. Now I bind everything into books and my house stays much tidier. Love, love, love the thing!!!

I just recently got one, after seeing it recommended on this board for months. So far, I love it. We just finished the school year so the kids and I went through their binders, pulled out their best/favorite work, and put it all together in one binder to keep. My 6 yo was helping me use the punch, which you slide across, but it takes strength if you have more than 5 pages. I was worried about how long it would take to make a notebook at that rate, but it went surprisingly fast. My older two (8 and 10) were able to click together the binders, so that's pretty easy also.

I read that people buy regular spirals and I'm curious about how that works. It took a little effort to keep all the pages together to click into the pro click binder, so I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to have a stack of sheets all lined up enough to get a spiral through? I don't want to get a box and find out that it's really frustrating to do.

I can't say anything about longevity for now. I really like that you can open it to be completely flat and even fold it over on itself (so important when it comes to my own planner!). Overall, I'm completely satisfied and really glad I got it!

Sarah

I've had mine for a few years and I still think it's the best purchase I've ever made.

The only issue with using pro-click vs. a binder is that you can't label the spine. I use magazine files and label those with each subject. It truly does cut back on the space school work takes up.

I got mine a week or so ago and I love it! I think you should go out and buy it!

I like it so much that I offered to go to a friend's house and bind papers for her in exchange for decorating advice. I like it more than my laminator and that is saying a lot!

OP here -- Bought it (at Office Depot, with a $10 off coupon). :D Love it! In one evening, I bound two homemade copybooks, two homemade spelling books (for the K'er twins), 5-6 Math Mammoth books, and a poetry book.

Paula, I found the perfect boxes for holding these books -- our tortilla "wrapper" boxes from Sam's Club, LOL. I cut off the tops, and there is a "window" in the side of the box. I spray painted the boxes and they're perfect for holding workbooks. Free is good. :001_smile:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2830141&navAction=

Got mine for Mother's Day so have not used it too much yet. I normally have dd's work bound each year but this year we made several books which amounted to quite a few trips to the printers. My plan with the proclick is to make booklets of dd's work through out the year. Right now for science we are doing a plant study so all her work will be made into a booklet. We are also working on a bird book, state book, and an art book. After we work on a page it gets punched and put in a folder. We will bind it once the work is finished and I know what size binding clips to buy.

Another thing I am going to do is take all the spiral notebook pages that did not get used and make a journal for dd out of it. She loves new notebooks to write in so I figured I can make her several from these unused pages.

Christmas time I am making notebooks for her friends and calendars for the family.

I have several ebooks I bought when Scholastic had their sale...so I printed off the books and will bind them. I will more likely use these then try and remember it on the computer.

I read that people buy regular spirals and I'm curious about how that works. It took a little effort to keep all the pages together to click into the pro click binder, so I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to have a stack of sheets all lined up enough to get a spiral through? I don't want to get a box and find out that it's really frustrating to do.

I bought spirals and haven't had any problems at all keeping things straight enough to spin them in. It only takes a minute, and with the price difference between the Pro Click spines and the spirals, for me it's worth it (and I don't have to think about removing spines to use later, etc.)

When the spiral is in, I use a pair of needle-nose pliers to bend the ends of the spiral so that it won't back out (like you see the bends on spiral notebooks you buy.) I've even bound plain white paper to reduce the major mess of drawings that used to get scattered everywhere.

Aha! I had wondered if it would be ok to punch my laminated pages. I was worried about 'gumming' up the punches, if you know what I mean. :D

I just made workbooks for TOG and laminated the covers of each. You can only punch one laminated page at a time, but it works perfectly.