Menu

Robot Vacuum

Hello.. My children are ages 3 and 5, and we have 2 cats and 2 dogs! I have always been a bit of a neat freak.. and that right now is the only downside to teaching at home.. I have been slowly learning to let things slide, as long as the kids are happy! I am wondering if any of you have experience with robot vacuums(like the Roomba or Neato). Right now, I have vacuuming scheduled for 2 days a week(which usually once is all that happens, ugh) and I feel it would be a great help to have one of these things! We have carpet, tile, slate, rugs etc. I am leaning toward a Neato(specifically for pet hair, etc) on Amazon... but am wary. I know I would breath a little easier if I had clean floors the majority of the time.. and had those extra hours it takes me to do it the regular way! Thanks for your advice!

they do bare floors great - but not corners and they can get stuck under furniture. my battery died, and the replacement would barely charge. it ended up being a boondogle and not worth it to me to replace it.

We had the roomba and loved it. My oldest (with autism) was going through a particularly difficult time where she dumped her plate on the floor when she finished eating. Even worse, she would pick through a bag of potato chips, eat the ones she wanted and throw the rest on the floor. We had carpeting at the time.

We sent the roomba through once or twice a day. It would break up the chips and vacuum them up. (Disclaimer - typically, I wouldn't suggest breaking up chips over carpet, but I was exhausted at the time). Ours worked great for over a year before it began having problems (breaking brushes, etc). If you buy a roomba, buy up extra parts when you do. We ended up getting rid of ours when we moved. Of course, we then moved again to a place with carpets.

I'm probably buying another roomba soon, simply for convenience. I loved ours. If you have lots of pets, you will probably have to clean the brushes weekly, but that's not hard. I sat down and took the bottom of it off, cleaned everything and put it back together. I think you'd enjoy it for carpets. I can't speak as to other floor surfaces.