Menu

Favorite grilling recipes?

I found this great grilled pork chop recipe in one of those little Pillsbury cookbooks you find by the cash register at the grocery store:

Easy Grilled Pork Chops

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. thyme leaves

1/4 tsp. allspice

6 center cut pork chops, 1 inch thick

In small bowl, combine salt, thyme, and allspice; mix well. Rub mixture on both sides of pork shops (I usually double the spice part). Let stand for 30 minutes. Pat chops dry with paper towels to remove excess salt.

When ready to BBQ, place chops on grill 4-6 inches from medium-high coals. Cook 20-30 minutes or until tender, turning once. 6 servings.

We love chicken breasts that have been marinated in either Italian dressing or a Balsamic Vinaigrette. I usually make it with the Good Seasons dry Italian packet mixes. Marinate for at least a good day to let the juices soak in and get really tender.

I will also marinate veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onions, mushrooms, red bell peppers) in the Italian dressing. These are wonderful on the grill.

Baby back ribs: Cover ribs in bbq sauce and double wrap tightly in foil Bake in oven for about 4 hours on 225. Take out. Put more sauce on and put on the grill for a few minutes per side to crisp up the outside.

Steaks: We like NY Strip or Ribeyes. Usually, I sprinkle both sides with Lawry's Seasoning Salt and some Lemon and Pepper seasoning.

Fish: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Sea-Bass/Detail.aspx

That is the link to what I use for a variety of fish, like salmon, rainbow trout, tilapia.

The new Martha Stewart Everyday Food is all about grilling and has some good Emeril recipes in it too. Very yummy sounding.

I like to marinate a flank steak in a teriyaki marinade for about 4 hours and then grill that, and slice thinly. This was a favorite growing up. You can also use leftovers for fajitas, omelets, or salad.

Anyone have any great grilling recipes they wouldn't mind sharing? Especially your favorite cuts of steaks and how you prepare/grill them? But really any and all that go beyond burgers and brats. We need to branch out a bit.

I'll have to ask DH what he uses to season the meat for ka-bobs, but I know on the veggies, he brushes them with olive oil and then sprinkles Greek seasoning on them. Oh. My. Word. SO good. Squash, eggplant, red onion... yum!

Anyone have any great grilling recipes they wouldn't mind sharing? Especially your favorite cuts of steaks and how you prepare/grill them? But really any and all that go beyond burgers and brats. We need to branch out a bit.

Our standby marinade for steak is some soy sauce with garlic (I usually use a garlic press, but it can be minced up). I don't have any measurements, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish I'm putting the meat in, and enough garlic mixed in (usually one or two cloves). Sometimes, I'll add a tablespoon or so of honey or jam to give it a sweetness.

I also will make tin foil packets with veggies - sliced up potatoes and onions, green beans, carrots, etc., and cook them on the grill over indirect heat. Potatoes take about 30 minutes, depending on how thickly they're sliced and how big the packets are.

And here's my favorite bbq sauce recipe with grilled chicken:

1/2 c ketchup

1/2 - 3/4 cup tomato sauce

2 T cider vinegar

2 T molasses

1/4 c brown sugar

1 T Worcestershire sauce

2 t dry mustard

2 t dried oregano

1 t garlic powder

1 t minced, dry onion

Mix all ingredients - can be heated up to mingle flavors, but doesn't have to be.

Sprinkle chicken parts with salt, pepper, and paprika, and grill over indirect heat for 15- 30 minutes before basting with sauce. Baste with sauce, and cook for another 15 -30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.