Menu

100 Healthy Lunches Blog...

Thanks for posting this. These are the containers we use- and I always like to see what others put in theirs. It reminds me that even a little tidbit can add up. A few cherry tomatoes tucked in are colorful and tasty and by the end of the week, my kids have had 15 of them without realizing it! The same with small bits of fruit, cheeses, nuts, etc.

We love using these containers- some days are creative and others...not. So I really appreciate reading blogs like this one to get me back on track.

The fact that these are foods my kids will actually eat is what got me all excited. My kids are much older too, but there are a lot of practical applications to her lunches that we can use. I'm such a visual person, that I really need blogs like this. Glad I could share.

Great ideas! Are those portions for a toddler, though? School-age child? Hard to tell.

I want to know what those frozen yogurt/smoothie pop things are! Are they homemade in reusable little sleeves or no? Looks yummy.

Yes, and the molds/containers are available on amazon for 8.xx for a set of 4. I picked up a set. We already freeze leftover smoothies into popsicle molds but this is a kind of "gogurt' looking option.

The portions are for a 4 & 6 y/o. In one of her posts she addresses the portion sizes stating that a.) portion sizes are out of control in the U.S. b.) real whole foods are more filling, and c.) that both girls have snacks about an hour and a half before lunch anyways.

I gave my 13 y/o similar portion sizes yesterday and he didn't complain. Portion control is something that we talk about together all the time anyways, so these little containers are perfect for it.

I'm waiting my my Amazon credit to post and then I'll be stocking up on some these things myself. :D

Edited by LunaLee