Menu

Another rep point question

I just discovered I have rep points! I don't exactly know what to do with them, but they certainly do make me feel all warm and fuzzy :). I don't really understand, and I hate to even ask, but I've searched everywhere and can't figure out:

Can I see more than just the last 5 somewhere?

When I leave them for other people, where do they come from? Do I have a pool of them somewhere to give?

Thank you for making me smile today!

I just discovered I have rep points! I don't exactly know what to do with them, but they certainly do make me feel all warm and fuzzy :). I don't really understand, and I hate to even ask, but I've searched everywhere and can't figure out:

When I leave them for other people, where do they come from? Do I have a pool of them somewhere to give?

You can only see the last five. Once they're gone, they're gone. You start out with 10 freebie points. The rest are from rep friends.

You are allowed a limited amount to give each day. Seems to be about 6 people per day. Once you give that many, you have to refrain from spreading the love for a while. So sad.

There is a rep post sticky somewhere...I think it's on the How To board and...oh lookie! Your post has been moved there already. :) Stickies are the posts that are "stuck" to the top of the boards.

No, you can't view any more than the five reps showing. The others are lost forever. Wah! ;)

We can each give rep out until "the system" determines that we've given our quota for the day. From what I understand, there is no science behind that quota. Or perhaps, it's just too complex for those who claim to have studied it to really comprehend. I've never given it that much thought. I just rep until I can't rep anymore, and then I wait awhile. On a related note, you can't rep people that you've repped recently, and again, the amount of time needed in order to be able to rep again seems to follow no strict formula. But, I'm not really counting.

The green squares next to people's names relate to the numbers of points that are given when they send rep. So, someone with five green squares is "worth more" than someone with one, and consequently, when they send you rep, you get more than one point. Red squares indicate negative rep. Gray squares indicate rep from someone who doesn't yet have enough posts to be able to give points (but it's still nice to get the happy comments).

Hope that helps!