Menu

Thank you, NanceXToo. And I'm asking for prayers & encouragement from the Hive.

Your post about the elephant's penis was just what I needed today! I just started yesterday with my healthy living plan. I have about 60 lbs. to lose, and I have felt so overwhelmed by that!

I don't have a lot of energy and I've felt fat and lazy. :( But I know I MUST do something because I'm afraid that my weight is going to affect my health. I was slim until my mid-30s, and now, at age 51, I am so ashamed that I have gained all this weight that I avoid seeing people I knew years ago and haven't seen in a long time. I don't go to my high school reunions because I would be too embarrassed. I don't even like for dh to see me without my clothes! I don't want to keep feeling that way. I want to feel good about the way I look. As overwhelming as it is right now, I know this is something I have to do.

So, thank you, NanceXToo, for the inspiration! I will be posting here periodically for accountability purposes, and I would appreciate any encouragement and of course, everyone's prayers.

I so know how you feel. I have alot more than that to lose and I regret that I can't get out and do lots of things with the kiddos, but it seems so overwhelming, I'm not even sure where to start. Good for you, for realizing what you needed to do and taking action! I hope that you can hold on to that resolve and reap the reward of a healthier life :-)

You can do it! I lost 85+ pounds in 2006 and kept it off until I got sick in 2009. Then I put about 10 on, and I've been on a steroid for a year and have put another 16 on. I've lost 5 of the 26 I gained, and am hopeful I can lose the remaining 21.

Take it one day at a time.

You can do it! Have you joined the Weight Loss Challenge social group?

I was planning to go low carb, but after reading some of Nance's comments, I've decided to do low carb and grain free. It's easier for me to say no grain than to regulate how much grain--that might be too much temptation for me. I'm not going to weigh every day, just every 3 days. I weighed on Monday so have to wait until Thursday.

Your post about the elephant's penis was just what I needed today! I just started yesterday with my healthy living plan. I have about 60 lbs. to lose, and I have felt so overwhelmed by that!

I don't have a lot of energy and I've felt fat and lazy. :( But I know I MUST do something because I'm afraid that my weight is going to affect my health. I was slim until my mid-30s, and now, at age 51, I am so ashamed that I have gained all this weight that I avoid seeing people I knew years ago and haven't seen in a long time. I don't go to my high school reunions because I would be too embarrassed. I don't even like for dh to see me without my clothes! I don't want to keep feeling that way. I want to feel good about the way I look. As overwhelming as it is right now, I know this is something I have to do.

So, thank you, NanceXToo, for the inspiration! I will be posting here periodically for accountability purposes, and I would appreciate any encouragement and of course, everyone's prayers.

:grouphug: I could have written your post! I'm in the same situation, and have gained / lost weight so many times since my kids were born that I lack motivation to try anymore. I'm an emotional eater and when I was younger, exercised more and didn't put the weight on so easily. Now, all I have to do is look at food and my hips get bigger! :confused:

Yes! Come join us at the weight loss challege social group!

Good for you for getting started. I'll cheer you on!

I think I joined that group a LONG time ago but never participated. :blushing: I need to get involved. Thanks!

ETA: I just went to the group and posted in the Weigh In thread.

Edited by ereks mom

May you, too, shed an elephant's penis :lol: and then some if you so desire :D

I don't need to lose weight but have been eating LC for most of the last 8 years. I have PCOS, and feel so. much. better living this way. When I go off the wagon, I feel absolutely horrible, as does DH. The first week or two are tough, and it gets much easier after that.