Menu

Confused about Paypal -- when someone sends you payment...?

I've only used Paypal to pay for goods until very recently when I placed an order for a group. Some have chosen to reimburse me via Paypal. I thought that money would just go directly into my checking account (same one funds come out of), but instead it appears the money goes into a Paypal account which is only useful when I'm paying for something again. That kind of bums me out because I really wanted to have the funds now, not tied up in Paypal.

Am I missing something, or this just how it is? :confused:

You can request to have your funds transferred to your checking account since you already have it linked to your Paypal account.

There should be a "withdraw" option at the top of your "My Account" page of Paypal. Click on that to request the transfer.

ETA: And the transfer will take a few days, maybe 4 or 5.

You can move the funds into your checking account from Paypal.

• Log on to your account,
  • then scroll over the overview bar to withdraw.
  • and it will give you the option to transfer funds to your checking :)

Only down side is that it takes time and the amount of time depends on your bank. My bank takes around 2 to 3 days. This is how I bought groceries last month :001_huh: sold books on these boards and then transferred funds.

HTH

Rebecca

You can request to have your funds transferred to your checking account since you already have it linked to your Paypal account.

There should be a "withdraw" option at the top of your "My Account" page of Paypal. Click on that to request the transfer.

ETA: And the transfer will take a few days, maybe 4 or 5.

Yep. You can also request a Paypal debit card, that you can use like a regular debit card and it uses the money from your Paypal account. I don't sell enough to bother with that, but I bet it's really useful for those who do.