Menu

Snow White and the Huntsman

I saw it last night. The dialogue was silly and the events were predictable, mostly, especially at first. Visually it was astounding. Some parts are intense and scary. I would not take any of my children to it. Actually, I probably wouldn't spend the eight bucks at all.

Yea...this is why I want to see it. No one else in the family is interested though.

I know, I was surprised when I saw she was playing Snow White because I didn't get that at all from the previews.

She does have the oddest expression; glad to know I'm not just imagining it!

My dd13 loves Kristen Stewart. She wanted me to see this movie so that I would know what a great actress Kristen was. I'm still waiting.:tongue_smilie:

Last time I saw her in anything was Twilight. I wanted to scream, "Stuttering and sputtering do not count as emoting!!!!!" I also wanted to tell Rob Pattinson to stop widening his eyes, he looked like a creepazoid.

As for this movie, someone on FB said, "For those of you thinking of seeing Snow White and the Huntsman just know that its basically the same plot as Willow, except I think that in Willow the princess talks more." And that is all I know about that.

Visually it was astounding.

The special effects are really great and it is beautifully filmed.

Thanks for mentioning that the visuals are great! :001_smile: I was thinking the visuals looked fabulous from the previews (but we all know that previews can be misleading).

I don't really care for the story, nor do I really like the actors in it. However, I'm sort-of wanting to see it on the big screen, just for the visual effects alone. Dd feels the same way. We'll probably go see it.

Kristen Stewart makes me itch. I just want to scream, "Close your mouth!" every time I see her.

Haha! I whispered during the movie to my DH that I wish she'd close her mouth.

I thought the movie was positively awful. Save your money, and don't bother renting it, either. :glare:

My dd13 loves Kristen Stewart. She wanted me to see this movie so that I would know what a great actress Kristen was. I'm still waiting.:tongue_smilie:

Since you mentioned your dd, I thought you may want to know/be warned that this same actress is in another movie, On the Road, where she is topless and with 2 men, in a car... anyway. It was on my google news thing where they had a somewhat disturbing statement from her. I know she is real popular with the young girls who love the Twilight series, and I think some kids mix up the actors with their roles sometimes. Am I making any sense? Just wanted to put that out there.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Don't watch Willow!!! The beginning is scary and will scar a small 4 year old girl for life. Stay away, stay away!

(Ok, yes I was the 4 year old girl who saw the beginning and had nightmares and am still too scared to watch Willow. :leaving: Fine, supposedly other people really like it. Or something. Whatever. *harumph!* :glare:)

:tongue_smilie:

I loved Willow too... (Val Kilmer *sigh*... "You are my moon, my sun, my starlit sky. Without you, I dwell in darkness...."

We saw Snow White and the Huntsman last night.... I have to say that I usually enjoy most movies we watch and rarely ever dislike a film. But this one? Save your money. It was awful.

We saw it Friday night and it was horrible! :( Kristen Stewart is mediocre at best and she is such a mouth breather. ugh.

The effects are amazing, but seriously dark and disturbing. There is a scene that rivals a bad 'trip' I took in high school :glare:

Save your money for some movies coming soon that the previews looks really good for. Les Miserables, The Great Gatsby and a couple others.

Spoiler alert!

I agree with the previous reviews. Charlize Theron was basically the only person in the film who could act. :leaving: I wanted to like it, I love fairy tales, even as an adult, but I came away with the impression that Kristen Stewart was made of wood, Chris Hemsworth is pretty, but not a very good actor (actually, I had this impression from The Avengers, too :blush:), and I was terribly disappointed in the choice of Snow White's "true love" - I really thought she should have ended up with William - and he was the better actor, IMO. :tongue_smilie:

Save your money. Rent it when it comes out on video if you really want to see it. Even the effects weren't enough to overcome the overall "ehh" feeling I had, though it had its moments (mostly involving the wicked queen).

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who wants to see it because of.......Chris Hemsworth. :leaving:

Nope, not the only one...everytime the commercial comes on, I say, "Did I mention I really like Thor? (meaning Chris Hemsworth)." DD rolls her eyes at me. I CANNOT STAND KRISTEN STEWART, either her acting or her attitude in interviews. Ugh.

DD is 13 and really wants to see it, but I am undecided. Anyone willing to comment about how much spiritism/occult involved? Is it basic Snow White stuff or deeper than that?

Spoiler alert!

I agree with the previous reviews. Charlize Theron was basically the only person in the film who could act. :leaving: I wanted to like it, I love fairy tales, even as an adult, but I came away with the impression that Kristen Stewart was made of wood, Chris Hemsworth is pretty, but not a very good actor (actually, I had this impression from The Avengers, too :blush:), and I was terribly disappointed in the choice of Snow White's "true love" - I really thought she should have ended up with William - and he was the better actor, IMO. :tongue_smilie:

Save your money. Rent it when it comes out on video if you really want to see it. Even the effects weren't enough to overcome the overall "ehh" feeling I had, though it had its moments (mostly involving the wicked queen).

:iagree: We went as a family yesterday. Meh - it was ok and visually it was lovely. But the acting was nothing special. I felt that way about Chris Hemsworth in Thor too.

• 4 weeks later...
:iagree: We went as a family yesterday. Meh - it was ok and visually it was lovely. But the acting was nothing special. I felt that way about Chris Hemsworth in Thor too.

Gee, I saw Thor three times and never noticed anything about Chris Hemsworth's acting. :lol::lol::lol:

Dh and I are going to see Prometheus and dd and I are going to go see Magic Mike with a bunch of other dance moms and daughters (all older teens). :blushing:

My kids liked it. I was disappointed.

I didn't go in with any prejudice against Kristen Stewart, b/c I've never seen her in anything else, but her casting annoyed me on several points:

~You need a beautiful person for this particular part, or it makes no sense. She looked pretty. Charlize Theron as the Evil Queen looked beautiful.

~Putting that aside, she was very monotone. The Evil Queen ate her lunch.

~Shut your mouth, jeez! I didn't know that about her, but I noticed it right away.

The visuals are striking and lovely.

It felt like one of those 'missed opportunity' movies to me - it *could* have been so good. I honestly don't think they could get past the casting of Snow White (and the huntsman wasn't earning any Oscars, either).