Menu

Is the Meeting book different from K-3rd?

MommyX8

I think you are talking about Saxon math?

If so, the changes are small. I only own the K and 3rd meeting books. In the K book the calendar covers two pages and there are maybe half dozen other pages. In 3rd each month of the calendar is on one page. It also has the birthday calendar and counting strips used throughout the year.

That said, I only glance at the two meeting books from time to time. I make my own meeting book for each child (we have a comb-binder) but before that I just used staples. I find free calendar pages and weather graphing pages online that I like and make each child a new book for each term. They decorate them and make covers. It makes it more fun and personal and I can add anything I think is necessary for each child.

I have the K and 1st grade Saxon. The K level has large calenders on each page and a blank "number line" running along the side and top of the page for you to add a new number each day. The 1st grade has a calender and blank weather graph for each month, a 2-page spread of a large blank number line to fill out for the entire year, and a 1-100 counting chart on the back page.

If you actually do all the "meeting" (we did) then you'll need the different meeting books. They do have calenders in each one, but significantly different additional pages- such as number lines, counting strips, lists, visuals, etc. (sorry, I got rid of mine so can't check exactly).