Menu

What to do between history rotations?

hmsch4me

My dd will be in 8th next year and will have finished her first history rotation in 7th. I planned on starting the second rotation in 9th. So, I have a year to have fun and do something different:rolleyes: - which we really need! What would you do for a history credit?

I have three suggestions:

(1) Do World Geography focusing on a different continent/country each month.

(2) Do a 5 year History rotation. This will give you more time to cover modern times (2 years instead of just 1). So many books so little time.

(3) Begin the 4 year rotation now and then have her final year be US government or Economics or even a year of US History only.

Since you are going to start again in 9th, are you planning to start a full 4 year rotation or are you going to do a year of American History with Government with 3 years of history? Are you planning to do ancients in 9th grade or maybe start your rotation over now with a lighter year of ancients then do it heavy again in 12th. Have you been studying Latin and Greek? If so, then maybe saving ancients until you are ready to do primary source reading in Latin or Greek might be a good idea. Have you had a year of world geography? That is a fun way to spend a year. What was the favorite time period from the first rotation? Maybe go back and study that one again in more depth.

Does your dd have a favorite country or area? Maybe study history from the POV of that region. Is she interested in music, art, science, horses, space, something special? Maybe focus on the history of that for a while. Maybe skip history and focus on art, music, a foreign language, or something that you have wanted to to but haven't had time to focus on.