Menu

When's your last day of school before summer break?

If you're taking one, that is.

Our last school day is June 30.

We will take off all of July (except for reading) and the school year starts again Aug 1. :tongue_smilie: (In theory, anyway.) Not that I couldn't use about a year's worth of "break" :) but I think a 1 month break gives us a breather without making it soooo hard to go "back to school" after 2 or 3 months.

When's your last day?

How long are you taking off?

It's up to ds. I gave him a list of what he needs to finish before we go to a lighter summer schedule. He could be done by next week easily but we'll see. :)

My boys do swim and dive so that 6 weeks is a bit crazy. We'll do reading and a few things during the summer and probably start up again sometime in August.

We've been on "light school schedule" for a week now.

We had a couple family hiccups and it threw us off our schedule by 2 weeks.

I am trying to plan where we can take a couple weeks off of school prior to the new school year but my household doesn't do well with a month break. My kids will be doing Math, Reading, Spelling, & Handwriting through the summer months to finish up before this fall. Probably take a week off in July and a week off in August prior to starting our new school year.

Our goal is to start our new school year August 13th.

We finished last Friday. We'll start back the day after Labor Day.

Over the summer we'll read and listen to books, experiment with some art, take several field trips, do a little math review and swim, a lot. We'll also be keeping a garden, raising 125 chickens, 10 turkeys and 2 calves.

I had planned to have our last day May 25, but it ended up being May 18 because I was just "done". :tongue_smilie: Plus we had finished a unit in math, so that was a good stopping point. Everything else didn't really have a stopping point worth mentioning. :)

We'll start up again either end of June or beginning of July, depending on how much planning/organizing I've done, how clean the house is, and how much the kids are terrorizing each other because it's too hot to play outside. :glare: We prefer to take off more time in the fall and spring when it's nice weather. Just too hot here most days. The only thing we have going on this summer is cub scout camp this month.

Mine is "officially" today because we are moving. We have been schooling year-round but things will change with the move. I will still do reading and math during the summer but will drop everything else.

Once we get moved and unpacked, I will probably start back with reading and math until school officially begins at the children's home where we will be working. My school year will be based on their schedule.

Edited by PentecostalMom

Whenever we finish our regular curric. That's been about a week or so. The girls do Summer Bridge workbooks and a little extra math over the summer. So it's more like a lighter load, I guess. I don't consider us year-rounders though. We'll start back maybe the second week of August.

Our last day will be Thursday the 7th. We have a field trip Wednesday, so we only have 3 days this week. :)

Granted, our days are short now. Once we finished up math they shortened (now we just do iPad math apps or xtramath online), and now we're done with everything except what I have listed below. We should only take about an hour a day or so this week. :D

We start back July 16.