Menu

If you liked my CUISENAIRE RODS VIDEOS, click here!!!

Rosie

WE NOW HAVE A WEBSITE UP!!!! It is organized by category, and within each category the videos are organized generally in the order you would teach them.

Please refer people to this link and NOT the vimeo page linked in the original thread...

http://www.educationunboxed.com

If you are just starting, visit the first four categories to start out with. Then you can start at the beginning of any other category, and pick and choose what to do from there!

I am still adding videos. I'm sure the pace will dwindle down soon, but there are currently 79 videos up so they should keep you all busy for a while!

These videos show you how to teach math CONCEPTUALLY. They will work with any math program. Just look ahead to what you will be teaching next and introduce the concept with C-rods first, then move on to all those worksheets!

Can I link it on my blog?

Absolutely. Please do. The only reason I made these was so other people could have the information without spending the countless hours I have researching. So, please pass it along!

Thank you so much for your videos. My son will be starting K this fall and I've decided to use MEP in conjunction with Miquon after someone posted your video link in my thread. Totally sealed the deal for me-I didn't really get how they could be combined with another program prior to that.

WE NOW HAVE A WEBSITE UP!!!! It is organized by category, and within each category the videos are organized generally in the order you would teach them.

Please refer people to this link and NOT the vimeo page linked in the original thread...

http://www.educationunboxed.com

If you are just starting, visit the first four categories to start out with. Then you can start at the beginning of any other category, and pick and choose what to do from there!

I am still adding videos. I'm sure the pace will dwindle down soon, but there are currently 79 videos up so they should keep you all busy for a while!

These videos show you how to teach math CONCEPTUALLY. They will work with any math program. Just look ahead to what you will be teaching next and introduce the concept with C-rods first, then move on to all those worksheets!

Oh, thank you SO MUCH for these! I was going to say, you're all set to become the new Khan Academy, and then . . .

Thank you :)

Susan Khan

I saw this! Are you related to "THE" Khan of Khan Academy? I love that guy! (and am patiently waiting for him to get to Singapore 4A & 4B, LOL.)

My son came to see what I was watching and now he wants his own set of rods. He said that he wants to do math like that.

:lol:

DD, who gave up on Miquon fairly early on and used our c-rods mainly to make lots of sugar candy sticks ;), LOVES the videos and wants to pull the c-rods out again for mathematical purposes. :thumbup:

GENIUS!!!

I am so thrilled to see all your efforts and sharing them!

Our house is already so different using these methods. I'm excited to show these methods with my ds3 and my girls!

Where do you purchase your rods, if you don't mind me asking? We have the starter set I bought from ETA. However we need some base hundred blocks.

Thanks so much! We have the starter plastic set from ETA. I am going to order another set but the one that's linked on your website for more to have amongst my 3 butterflies.

I also am going to get a set of the 100 blocks as well.

I started tonight on the stairs activity with ds3 and he LOVED it! And we played the "whats missing" game and he enjoyed that too!