Menu

Rep points?

The value of the rep is determined by the person giving you rep. Those with more posts and rep have more rep power, KWIM? If you want to rep someone else click on the judicial scales on the upper right corner of the post. There are "rep rules" I think under board rules. If someone has very few posts they might rep you but it will look grey because they don't have any rep power. I think if I rep someone now its like 3 points they get, not sure.

Hope that helps.

Well, just found out I have rep points? Is each one worth five? Are you not notified when you get them? How do you leave them?

Thanks!

You start out with 10, a free gift for just joining the party here. Then people can give you negative rep which takes away from your points or positive rep with adds to your points. The number of points you go up or down depends on the person repping you. The more rep points a poster has, the more they can give to you. If I rep you it would be worth seven points I think. I have 5 squares, each worth one point, but each 1,000 posts also raises rep value by another point. So my 5 squares plus my 2,000 posts means that I need to get a life. And that I can give you seven points.

To check your rep simply click on User Control Panel. To give rep, pos. or neg, click the little scales at the top left hand corner of the post you want to rep.

in my understanding...they are worth different amounts based on the number of reps the giver has....lol...it's all so confusing! You are not notified but you can check your user cp whenever you think about it....sometimes people even leave a message...sometimes they even sign it, that is always nice! I have gotten some neg rep and people are far less apt to sign that, it would appear. LOL No harm, no foul....but IF *I* were to give neg rep (I haven't, btw)...I would have the guts to sign it....I'm just sayin'...:D Hope that helps...

Here is how you practice. First, you find one of MY posts....(it is important that it is MY post) and you click on the little scales in the upper right corner of the post box. Then you click on the little scales and make sure "I approve" is clicked and leave me a nice message and sign your name, otherwise I won't know who it is from.

Did I mention that you should make sure to find one of MY posts to practice on? ;)

Here is how you practice. First, you find one of MY posts....(it is important that it is MY post) and you click on the little scales in the upper right corner of the post box. Then you click on the little scales and make sure "I approve" is clicked and leave me a nice message and sign your name, otherwise I won't know who it is from.

Did I mention that you should make sure to find one of MY posts to practice on? ;)

Now, once you have repped Mindy, you want to start keeping track of how many people you have repped for the day. So the next step is to find one of MY posts and rep me. That way, you will know you have repped two people for the day. Then, just continue up the list of people who responded to this thread, and shortly you will be out of rep for 24 hours.

But make sure you find one of MY posts right after you practice on Mindy's.

ETA: ;):D:):lol::tongue_smilie:

Thank you!! That explanation in the sticky is great. I finally get it.

I'm going to give you a rep point just for practice, even though I don't believe it will count for anything.

Go the Main WTM page (click on The Well-Trained Mind Forums (aka Hive Mind).

Scroll down and click on the forum called "How to and Test Posting"

The first post is all about Rep points.

HTH