Menu

Mercy, anyone have one of THOSE kids??

Before I was even up this morning dd was in my room gathering up the clothes I had dumped on the floor the night before. Now she's outside shouting "Which horses are you going to ride this morning????" Before I can pull my boots on she'll have them caught and ready.

I really do love that she's so motivated, but she makes me feel pretty lazy! I get tired just watching her. How come it doesn't rub off on the rest of us?:001_huh:

Before I was even up this morning dd was in my room gathering up the clothes I had dumped on the floor the night before. Now she's outside shouting "Which horses are you going to ride this morning????" Before I can pull my boots on she'll have them caught and ready.

I really do love that she's so motivated, but she makes me feel pretty lazy! I get tired just watching her. How come it doesn't rub off on the rest of us?:001_huh:

Can you loan her out?

She sounds wonderful. My teen was like that and can still be, but has now taken on more attitude esp around the first of the month :glare:.

She looks exactly like me but with strawberry hair, I guess she's really mine. She sure didn't get it from me. We tease her that she's the golden child, and she does so much for her siblings they don't even resent her nickname. She's almost 16.

She was the only long term nursed baby here. I wonder............?

Guest Virginia Dawn

I got exactly 1 out of 5. He's leaving for college in the Fall. :-(

Now I must say that he did not start out altruistically motivated. I had a chore list posted with money that could be earned for each chore done without a parent asking. He earned the maximum allowed each week, when he was younger. I've never had to pick up after him. I can't say that about any of the others.