Menu

Enchanted Learning subscription?

If you are a worksheet person (or if your DD is), then it can be very nice. I like that there are pages with D'Nealian manuscript, because that is the style of writing we've chosen (they also have ball and stick like HWT). I haven't used it a ton, though. I get it through our "umbrella school". So I don't feel like we have to get our money's worth, and I've used it for a few things, but it is in no way essential for our learning.

HTH

I subscribed months ago and used it once. I haven't found as much useful content as I had hoped. Before my subscription expires I do plan on printing some of the life cycle printables and ocean ones. I don't plan on subscribing next year. It also bothers me that they cover many religious holidays/celebrations except Christian ones.

It also bothers me that they cover many religious holidays/celebrations except Christian ones.

I hadn't noticed that. That's interesting.

My daughter does love worksheets. I am mostly looking for animal/zoology printables that she can do while her brothers are working in their notebooking journals for Apologia zoology--so while they're filling in information about a particular lesson, she can be coloring a related picture or doing a dot to dot or something for her own "notebook".

I was originally just doing random google searches, but then I found enchantedlearning, and it looked like it had most of what I wanted in one place.

Thanks for your input!

A Catholic group I belong to was able to get us a subscription for $1 each because she had a large enough group. For that price, it is worth it. For $20, I don't feel it is. I would prefer a subscription to the Evan Moor site that lets you print pdfs from their workbooks. I forget the name of it, though. Anybody? Or Kidsoup, or ABC teach. That's just my preference though. I was disappointed by the quality of the printouts from Enchanted Learning. If you use a lot of worksheets, then it could work for you. I'm just stating my experience of it.

I personally don't think it's worth it. I bought it to use for basic maps, coloring sheets, etc. and I actually find better quality ones for free on other site. But that takes some digging, so EL will save you time. But I won't re-subscribe next year.

I personally don't think it's worth it. I bought it to use for basic maps, coloring sheets, etc. and I actually find better quality ones for free on other site. But that takes some digging, so EL will save you time. But I won't re-subscribe next year.

May I ask where is the other site where you find good free maps? It takes me forever searching out sources. Thanks in advance!

We liked it when my dc were grade 3 and under. We used it for our unit studies and it did save time. It was very useful for lapbooking because you could resize their worksheets/ graphics to fit. (not sure if that feature is still available or whether it was for all their sheets)

Have you tried http://d-maps.com/ for maps?

A Catholic group I belong to was able to get us a subscription for $1 each because she had a large enough group. For that price, it is worth it. For $20, I don't feel it is. I would prefer a subscription to the Evan Moor site that lets you print pdfs from their workbooks. I forget the name of it, though. Anybody? Or Kidsoup, or ABC teach. That's just my preference though. I was disappointed by the quality of the printouts from Enchanted Learning. If you use a lot of worksheets, then it could work for you. I'm just stating my experience of it.

That's www.teacherfilebox.com/

I really like this site. I've never used Enchanted Learning. I've been able to find what I need elsewhere.

I also really like www.worksheetworks.com

This is a free website that has a ton of worksheets, most of which you can customize. They have maps, too, but they're still working on the website, so you might night find what you need yet.

I subscribed months ago and used it once. I haven't found as much useful content as I had hoped. Before my subscription expires I do plan on printing some of the life cycle printables and ocean ones. I don't plan on subscribing next year. It also bothers me that they cover many religious holidays/celebrations except Christian ones.

That doesn't bother me so much. There's so much out there on other sites to do with Christmas. Perhaps that's part of why EL doesn't provide much.

I still use it with my 10 year old on occasion. It's been one of the sites that I've used consistently over the 8 or 9 years we've been homeschooling.

I subscribed through a group -it cost me $1.50. I wouldn't pay $20 for it. I rarely use it. I don't think the quality of their printouts are great. I find their material is a little advanced for my K'er -probably works better for older students.

I prefer Kidsoup and ABCTeach. I alos love the Scholastic books when they go on sale for $1.

I don't think the quality of their printouts are great....I prefer Kidsoup and ABCTeach.

That really was my only reason for hesitating on subscribing. The pictures/drawings looked like they were just drawn (fairly poorly) on the computer--they just didn't look that good to me, but I thought I was just being picky.

I will check out those other sites. Thanks!

I have subscribed for 3 years, but only b/c it is "one stop shopping" for my kids state studies (flag coloring page, blank map, dot-to-dot, comprehensive state facts, etc, etc). If mine didn't do a state each week, there is no way I would spend $20/year on this site. But, it is worth it right now to be able to get everything I need for their state report in one place.

Super Teacher Worksheets, IMO, is better, and worth the $20/yr

That's www.teacherfilebox.com/

I really like this site. I've never used Enchanted Learning. I've been able to find what I need elsewhere.

I also really like www.worksheetworks.com

This is a free website that has a ton of worksheets, most of which you can customize. They have maps, too, but they're still working on the website, so you might night find what you need yet.

I love worksheetworks!

I have always wanted teacherfilebox but it is expensive! Does it ever go "on sale" or can you get a group rate or through hsbuyers co-op?