Menu

SOTW vs MOH vs Biblioplan...

LAmom

I have been searching the forum trying to figure out what I should use for Ancients. I was set on SOTW 1 w/AG but really would like some more handholding for adding in biblical history/biblical perspective, etc. Not just adding Vos Story Bible. Maybe a good timeline would help me connect it all?

I see some people use a combo or ALL of the above mentioned. Isn't that an overload? I failed in doing history this year...I want to do better next year and make sure I get it done. I will have a 4th grader, 2nd grader, and K (with 2 more little ones keeping me busy!).

I love living books, the idea of the spine on audio CD, some activities to do if I want, a flexible schedule that says now read page ____ in SOTW and read UILE pg ___ and then add library books:____

Any tips? It all looks so good. I have not been successful with MFW the past 2 years, we tire out midway...my problem, not MFWs. Or....MFW vs MOH. Don't even mention TOG! I'm trying to hold of on that until we get into a better routine and kids get older.

Thanks!

Edited by LAmom

Biblioplan Ancients basically schedules SOTW and the Bible alongside each other, and has MOH scheduled as an optional resource.

Note that the Bible readings get super heavy around week 11 or so. If you look at the SOTW/Vos schedule on redshift, that's pretty much like it is in BP, except BP schedules the actual Bible.