Menu

WOW, what a cr*ptastic week!<vent>

Thought I might have been pregnant (don't know how I felt about that).

Discovered my 12 year old had discovered the p*rn section of the internet.

He then fled the house w/o shoes and scurried off into our urban neigborhood for over an hour and a half, the police came to help, they almost called the dogs to find him....(nothing freaks you out more than realizing your impulsive pre-teen/teenager can do some seriously bad thinking....that can lead to worse things than this....)

Totally freaked out 12 year old boy. All week. Totally upset mom, all week.

Ok, so I wasn't pregnant, but then that means I have my period. Jury is still out on how I feel about that.

Basically, I couldn't do much of anything all week as I was upset and crabby and blah blah blah.

I did a market research study, that I had to drive across town for, then when I got there I couldn't get paid as I forgot half of it at home.

12 yo son got an accidental golf club to the head. He also slices open his finger with an exact-o knife while modifying a lego mini-figure and my 13 yo slices open his thumb playing with an old cell phone he took apart.

I buy my husband a grill for father's day (as ours is kaput) and it has 3 holes drilled wrong.

This morning we discover that at some point between Saturday and last night, someone walked into our house (when we were probably here) and walked off with one of my husband's guitars. Not just any guitar, but the one he bought new in 1977. His baby. The only one with both sentimental and actual value.

Ugh. There is not enough wine, chocolate, photos of Daniel Craig in various kilts to make me feel better.

Oh, did I mention the raging headache? The 92 degree temp chock full o' humidity? The screaming fit argument with my 13 yo over a writing lesson? The one hour phonecall with my narcissist dad where he just swore about things that are wrong with the world, when it is really him, that made me late for a board meeting? Oh, and at this board meeting I had to give a presentation and it made no sense? ANd when I realized that my 12 yo would be upset if I cut down our bush in the front yard, so when I told him, he started crying like crazy and tried to dig it up so that he could keep it?

I am glad that we are all healthy, alive and all that, but whew..what a craptastic week. I think I'll tile the bathroom windowsill tonight to give me something constructive to do....

Thank you for witnessing my vent. That is all.

And for those of you keeping score at home, yes, that is two police visits in less than one week.... an aborted missing person and a burglary. Joy. I do have to say, the two cops with my son were excellent.

Edited by radiobrain

:grouphug: Wow. I hope this coming week is significantly better for you. And I hope you get the guitar back! Pretty craptastic week for me, too. Maybe we should share lots of wine and chocolate in hopes of feeling somewhat better!

lets raise a glass for a better week than this! :cheers2:

WOW that is bad. But also really funny. And I thought that only I could have epic weeks like that.

This next part is just an opinion so ignore at will: What stands out to me about the theft is that it was probably someone you know, who knows you really well. They stole only the *one* thing. The stole the one thing that is valuable and sentimental. The walked into and out of your house while you were there - level of comfort - and they *knew* where in your house it was located - and how to get in and out without being caught. It doesn't have to be an adult. It also can be someone you only know through your kids or your dogwalker's cousin - just someone who has been in and out of your house at least 2 or 3 times. You could start by calling pawn shops in and out of the area - radius of 25 miles, maybe. Again, just my opinion - everyone has one, I suppose.

Have a better next week!! :grouphug:

:grouphug: I normally wouldn't recommend it, but I think you need an infusion of chocolate wine. Stat. Wishing you an entirely uneventful weekend and week.

Oh dear me! I saw the guitar issue on FB, but this brings it to a whole new level. :grouphug:

I will be joining in you the wine and chocolate. For me it was having to finally buy a new truck (which triggered a bunch of finacial/budgeting issues I have with dh).

Then the next day having ds 10 look me in the eyes and swear if I let them watch a certain NatGeo show (we have been TV free during the days) they will just simply sit quietly and watch. I go upstairs to get some crochet things together and up he comes with a complete look of horror. Turns out he did not sit quietly, but started wrestling with his twin, next thing you know they have busted out his front tooth prosthetic. :glare:

This of course just adds to my financial/emotional/triggered mess of an attitude. At which point I send said child to his room, where a 3 hour screaming fit ensues. Yes, he is 10, but it turns out I got confused on which twin had actually taken his Aderall and this one was functioning with no meds. The only reason the police weren't at my door is because we live in the middle of nowhere. :tongue_smilie:After seriously considering boarding school, a long talk with my mother (who offered to let me fly the twins to her for a few weeks), and another long talk with dh the day closed.

Today, I only lost my second flock of guinea hens :tongue_smilie:. ....and I am struggling with a bit of jealousy because dh got to go to Vespers and his music practice where they take turns bringing different wines to drink! :lol:

First of all, thanks everyone. I might try to make my own chocolate wine...:D

WOW that is bad. But also really funny. And I thought that only I could have epic weeks like that.

This next part is just an opinion so ignore at will: What stands out to me about the theft is that it was probably someone you know, who knows you really well. They stole only the *one* thing. The stole the one thing that is valuable and sentimental. The walked into and out of your house while you were there - level of comfort - and they *knew* where in your house it was located - and how to get in and out without being caught. It doesn't have to be an adult. It also can be someone you only know through your kids or your dogwalker's cousin - just someone who has been in and out of your house at least 2 or 3 times. You could start by calling pawn shops in and out of the area - radius of 25 miles, maybe. Again, just my opinion - everyone has one, I suppose.

There happens to be a world renowned guitar store in town, and the dude is our friend (he also homeschooled his kids) and he knows more about the guitar buying/selling/fencing racquet than most. He has put out the bat signal. He actually said not to call pawn shops, as they will hide it. If the cops come, that's different.:confused: So, it is mostly out of our hands.

As far as things go though, I still think it was opportunistic. I think I have been having a crappy week and left he door unlocked. That guitar was on the floor visible from the front door. DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT THAT, THAT IS MY HUSBAND'S PROBLEM! LOL! There was another guitar (also on the floor) farther away, and the others are in different rooms. I think it was just the closest to the door. They are usually not anywhere visible. We never have guests, repair men etc. He just had them out for some reason this week.

ither way it skeeves me out. time to get another dog! :D

BTW....as I was writing this...I got summoned from upstairs.....

OUR BED COLLAPSED! :smilielol5: I went upstairs, not knowing what to expect, and then just broke out laughing. See, the week is not over yet! ;):tongue_smilie:

Oh dear me! I saw the guitar issue on FB, but this brings it to a whole new level. :grouphug:

I will be joining in you the wine and chocolate. For me it was having to finally buy a new truck (which triggered a bunch of finacial/budgeting issues I have with dh).

Then the next day having ds 10 look me in the eyes and swear if I let them watch a certain NatGeo show (we have been TV free during the days) they will just simply sit quietly and watch. I go upstairs to get some crochet things together and up he comes with a complete look of horror. Turns out he did not sit quietly, but started wrestling with his twin, next thing you know they have busted out his front tooth prosthetic. :glare:

This of course just adds to my financial/emotional/triggered mess of an attitude. At which point I send said child to his room, where a 3 hour screaming fit ensues. Yes, he is 10, but it turns out I got confused on which twin had actually taken his Aderall and this one was functioning with no meds. The only reason the police weren't at my door is because we live in the middle of nowhere. :tongue_smilie:After seriously considering boarding school, a long talk with my mother (who offered to let me fly the twins to her for a few weeks), and another long talk with dh the day closed.

Today, I only lost my second flock of guinea hens :tongue_smilie:. ....and I am struggling with a bit of jealousy because dh got to go to Vespers and his music practice where they take turns bringing different wines to drink! :lol:

:grouphug: I feel your pain.

Usually our youngest ends up at the urgent care or ER getting stitches for random accidents (a splinter in your butt?! You cut the back of your throat open with a straw? OF course!) so I am pretty glad we haven't ended up there yet. <fingers and toes crossed>

I am not even going to talk about my miserable HS outing (excuse me...the internet thing is not a "milestone" who the heck are you people?) and our financial woes. That part is constant, unfortunately.

There happens to be a world renowned guitar store in town, and the dude is our friend (he also homeschooled his kids) and he knows more about the guitar buying/selling/fencing racquet than most. He has put out the bat signal. He actually said not to call pawn shops, as they will hide it. If the cops come, that's different.:confused: So, it is mostly out of our hands.

Glad to hear you've got a friend with a guitar shop who can spread the word. We used to have a shop, and now dh works at a well-known shop. We've got several friends in the repair biz, so we often get notices on fb about stolen gear. I hope that it turns up. Do you have photos? That would be helpful on fb.

I hope they are able to find the guitar, and for the rest I suggest hiding in the closet with wine, perhaps an IV line as well.

On a good note, we have lined up security for your house and family while you hide.

daniel-craig-skyfall.jpg

Hey, we just realized that someone stole a heavy duty extension cord out of our garage recently. Can I get me some of that security? But only if he looks like that! :coolgleamA:

Oh, there could always be crappier. No one died, was maimed, poisoned, no one has ebola or serious intestinal difficulties. Oh wait... my husband has some poison ivy (and he is TERRIBLY reactive, ugh, like ER if he's not careful) I think I'll zip my trap and stop my typy fingers.:tongue_smilie:

The house hasn't burned down, none of our giant trees have fallen on anyone or their house or car. Aliens have not invaded. It is just super crappy. Oodles and oodles of it. I will laugh about it until I cry, then I'll start laughing again.

Everything works out, eventually.

My husband is out playing a show with his #2 guitar and I am wishing I had a little D.C. in the house. I'm starting to get freaked out. Not seriously, as I think that we still have such weird patterns we are essentially uncaseable... but I thought that before. yech.

Good grief... I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think *I* need chocolate wine just reading about your week, so I can only imagine how you must feel!!! :grouphug:

Here's hoping next week is infinitely better.... (that security guy has to be a good start...)

Oh, there could always be crappier. No one died, was maimed, poisoned, no one has ebola or serious intestinal difficulties. Oh wait... my husband has some poison ivy (and he is TERRIBLY reactive, ugh, like ER if he's not careful) I think I'll zip my trap and stop my typy fingers.:tongue_smilie:

The house hasn't burned down, none of our giant trees have fallen on anyone or their house or car. Aliens have not invaded. It is just super crappy. Oodles and oodles of it. I will laugh about it until I cry, then I'll start laughing again.

Everything works out, eventually.

My husband is out playing a show with his #2 guitar and I am wishing I had a little D.C. in the house. I'm starting to get freaked out. Not seriously, as I think that we still have such weird patterns we are essentially uncaseable... but I thought that before. yech.

That's the spirit!

:grouphug: sorry to hear your week has gone so rotten.

OUR BED COLLAPSED! I went upstairs, not knowing what to expect, and then just broke out laughing. See, the week is not over yet!

Oh my head, that cracked me up! I hope your weekend gets better. It's a long weekend, break out the wine. :grouphug::grouphug:

I agree. That is awful suspicious. I have had a horrid couple of weeks, too. I'm blaming it on a planetary alignment. :grouphug:

I hope they are able to find the guitar, and for the rest I suggest hiding in the closet with wine, perhaps an IV line as well.

On a good note, we have lined up security for your house and family while you hide.

daniel-craig-skyfall.jpg

hmmmm...maybe better than a dog. How much do you think he eats??