Menu

Toddler boys and their boy parts

I don't remember DS6 being this, um, obsessed. I know once he was in undies, his hand was in them often, but when I told him that was a private activity he pretty much didn't do it in front of us anymore. My current 2.5yo, who has been in undies for almost two months now, WILL NOT STOP. He not only puts his hand down there, but pulls *it* out at rather inopportune times and shouts happily "TA-DA!" How can I make him stop this? Or at least tell me this won't last forever (or much longer).

The Ta-Da is the best! Lmao.

When ds was younger (only by 2 years or so) he was sitting on the couch and we were reading. He was really fidgety so i told him to stop. He whips the blanket down, says "its a volcano in my undies!" Thankfully we were not out somewhere.

I dont think boys ever stop.

I'm sorry, I'm trying hard not to laugh but...

:lol::lol::lol:

...gasp...

:smilielol5:

Oh, wow. That's amazing. Just never let him borrow your Flip camera or your iPhone. Or maybe you should. It might provide some wonderful blackmail material when he is 16 or so. :D

Ta da. :lol:

Me to 3 yo boy as we walk down the street: "Sweetie, not in public, okay?"

Boy: "But, Mama, it just feels so good!"

Sigh. I just kept saying "not in public" and suggesting appropriate places and times to play (in the bathroom, in your room, during your bath, in bed as you fall asleep) and eventually it took... around age 4... or 5... Mostly, that is. :D

Ah, boys...

My older ds went through this phase, I remember asking my pediatrician if he was uncomfortable and maybe it was a problem with him not being circ'd. I still wonder if that was part of it--I expected some touching but it was constant for awhile. He did eventually stop on his own, at least in my presence. I don't remember talking to him about it but maybe I did.

, but pulls *it* out at rather inopportune times and shouts happily "TA-DA!" How can I make him stop this? Or at least tell me this won't last forever (or much longer).

:smilielol5:

he's 2 1/2. Most people will laugh (well, most mother's of sons anyway.). Just keep telling him to put. it. back. it's cold and needs to stay warm (and nobody wants to see *it* anyway.).;) keep repeating it as many times as it takes. I promise, it won't last.

another possiblity is yeast overgrowth - but he doesn't sound like that's what is going on.

eta: when he does this, deprive him of an audience. take him aside in a very non-chalant manner, put him in his room, somehwere where NO one is paying attention to him. If he starts to equate pulling 'it' out with no audience, he'll get over it faster.

Edited by gardenmom5

It is a little boy thing. when my now 5 year old was 3, we were at Sesame Place in line for a ride and I look over to see his penis peeking out the top of his swim trunks. He looks at me and smiles and says, "My penis wanted to come out to play too." Fortunately there was no one else in line with us, so I quickly told him to put it away, and that penis time is private time. At 5 it seems to have actually sunk in and we have few penis incidents and none outside the house anymore.

I feel your pain. Today my 3 yo boy announced that he really, really wanted to pee on someone. I just hope it isn't me.

My 3yr old did... He peed on his friend's toddler brother from up on the trampoline. He said the brother was a monster.

I'm sorry....but I am :smilielol5:!!!! Boys are just too much sometimes, and its nice knowing that mine aren't the only one! My youngest still gets a kick dancing naked and shaking "it" for everyone to see. And although my oldest (whose only 6) is still constantly grabbing (and I'm constantly telling him to stop) and least he keeps everything in his pants. :tongue_smilie:

Sigh. At least I'm reminded that I'm not alone in this and his little magic act can entertain others who don't even get to see it! And, yeah, definitely not a yeast thing. It's a this-is-the-greatest-toy-ever thing. I don't want to put a belt on him because he's newly toileting and needs to be able to get to it when needed.

When my DS was around 3 we were snuggling on the couch one morning and he looked down at his lap, pulled his man panties out and exclaimed, "I have a weenis!"

Before I could formulate my response, he took a second peak and pronounced, "My weenis is very big."

My husband replied, "That's my boy."

I never said a word. I just kept sipping my coffee.:D

I feel your pain. Today my 3 yo boy announced that he really, really wanted to pee on someone. I just hope it isn't me.

Where do they get this stuff? I think it's encoded in their DNA. DS is 2.5 and we're potty training. His mantra is "No pee-pee diapers, no pee-pee undies; pee-pee potty!" Well, last week he randomly started saying, "No pee-pee sink, no pee-pee wall, no pee-pee floor, no pee-pee Aaron, no pee-pee Zach (his playground buddies); pee-pee potty!"

My oldest boy just turned 3. And he is OBSESSED. Sometimes he pulls it and streeeeeeeeeeeeeeetches it and I tell him to get his hands off of there.

He also likes to rub his naked tush on our carpet.

And he is the first of three (so far!) boys. *giggle*

My 3.5 year old is like this. I just have to constantly tell him "That's your private area, we don't play with/talk about/show it in public." We've even cracked down at home. While potty training, we used to let him run around in just his undies and he got used to that. Now, if he's downstairs, he must have pants on and buttoned/zipped up properly.

In the bathtub I tell him "That's the only p@nis you'll have, don't hurt it." Dh swears he can't hurt it, but the way he stretches it around freaks me out!

As a mother of 4 going on 5 boys, I can only commiserate!

Have you seen this? (It's a mom's blog in cartoon form. Not p*rn, I promise!)

http://crappypictures.com/2012/05/penis-pizza.html

:lol::lol::lol: I have tears running down my face. I can't believe someone hasn't woken up yet. I'm so glad my boys are all past doing these things in public. ;)

My current 2.5yo, who has been in undies for almost two months now, WILL NOT STOP. He not only puts his hand down there, but pulls *it* out at rather inopportune times and shouts happily "TA-DA!" How can I make him stop this? Or at least tell me this won't last forever (or much longer).

:lol: I know this isn't very helpful...

I haven't laughed this hard in ages. Oddly enough despite the fact that I have two boys, both past their toddler years, and I grew up with 5 brothers, I have never dealt with or seen any of these problems. I guess I'm lucky. But it sure is hilarious reading about it. Sorry, I know that's not very helpful.

My 2.5 yo son can't keep his hands off. He strips, pulls and twists (*ouch*) while I'm changing him, and sings himself to sleep at night with opera-like melodies about his p€n!$. I'm going to start potty training soon - and I dread it: easier access! :glare:

Little guy was really pathetically sick with a stomach virus yesterday and just woke up feeling better. I asked how he was and he replied "Good. I happy now. And I have pen1s. What you have in your pants?" nice to know where his priorities lie.

Little guy was really pathetically sick with a stomach virus yesterday and just woke up feeling better. I asked how he was and he replied "Good. I happy now. And I have pen1s. What you have in your pants?" nice to know where his priorities lie.

OMGness! :lol:

When ds was 2-3 his hand was ALWAYS down his pants. I'd gently tell him to remove hit and his fingers would go straight up his nose. :ack2: Seriously, every single time. I tell myself this is why he hasn't really been sick since then - his immunity must have been built up to superhero status with all the germs straight up his nose.

In the bathtub I tell him "That's the only p@nis you'll have, don't hurt it." Dh swears he can't hurt it, but the way he stretches it around freaks me out!

:lol: I was worried my son was going to pull his right off, but my husband assured me that it is well-attached.