Menu

WWS 1 Extra Resources

A thread for posting extra resources (websites, videos, etc.) on the topics covered in WWS Level 1. Many of us find it helpful to give our students a little more background before diving into the writing projects.

I know many have posted links scattered through other threads on the board, but I thought it might be helpful to collect them all in one place.

http://www.divediscover.whoi.edu/vents/index.html -- A very thorough introduction to hydrothermal ocean vents, including the science AND the history of their discovery. Click the link at the bottom labeled "Dive into hydrothermal vents" to launch a new window.

After an hour or so on this site, my ds is all afire about writing his paper and says he wants to become an oceanographer now. :lol:

Week 6, Day 4 - The Titanic

I am currently awash in extra Titanic resources. Let's see, she watched the National Geographic & History Channel docos, and read the following books:

Explore Titanic - Peter Chrisp (fabulous fold-out pictures!)

Titanic Sinks! - Barry Denenberg

You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Titanic - David Stewart

Titanic: Voices from the Disaster - Deborah Hopkinson (this was excellent)

For the Kepler assignment in week 7, I was just going to use the chapter from Hakim's Story of Science. Anybody got any other good Kepler resources?

Edited by rroberts707

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...