Menu

I need supplements/vitamins to help clean out arteries or detox...

Obviously, I'm cleaning up my diet. I usually take a good fish oil but have gotten lax so I'll get back on that. Also Vitamin E.

What else can I take? Would the things that are good for high cholesterol (red yeast rice, etc) be what I should take? Thanks!

Edited by HappyGrace

I would not assume that a heavy feeling in your chest is necessarily a cholesterol/plaque buildup issue. I would still see a doctor about it ASAP.

Other than that, I don't think any supplements have really been shown to clean out your arteries. I think the way to do that is eat a diet with lots and lots of green leafy vegetables. Some say butter, meat, etc. are fine and even good for you; others say you should stick to beans, nuts, and whole grains instead. But most would agree that white flour, sugars, and other refined foods are not good, even if they're organic.

I would not assume that a heavy feeling in your chest is necessarily a cholesterol/plaque buildup issue. I would still see a doctor about it ASAP.

Other than that, I don't think any supplements have really been shown to clean out your arteries. I think the way to do that is eat a diet with lots and lots of green leafy vegetables. Some say butter, meat, etc. are fine and even good for you; others say you should stick to beans, nuts, and whole grains instead. But most would agree that white flour, sugars, and other refined foods are not good, even if they're organic.

:iagree: This is my understanding, too. Watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix if you can.

emphatically :iagree:

After 2 stents in dh....widowmakers.... I ordered a great book.

REVERSE HEART DISEASE NOW

By Dr.Stephen Sinatra

and Dr. James Roberts

I knew some of the info. but not much! I highly recommend this as a tool and Dr."Oz" recommends it as well as other Natural/MD.s I trust!:grouphug: