Menu

Scholars Online Biology ?

For Bev, or any others that have taken Biology through Scholars online, how are the labs assigned for the non-AP class? Bev you mentioned that they weren't assigned until later? I think I read that they will do dissections, but haven't received a list of supplies we should purchase for labs. Will I receive this before class starts?

My dd never had to do a live or virtual dissection for AP Biology. There was a dissection as an optional lab for the intro to biology section, but my dd didn't have to do it.

As I mentioned my dd and several others in the class (there were 5 AP students) are still doing the labs. They simply weren't posted in time and the class ended. However, they are still due and my dd is working on them.

There were labs that we had to do that required materials sent by the instructor. We received these materials 4-6 months late. There was also a goldfish lab for which we ended up buying 10 goldfish as they kept dying on us before we received the instructions for the lab.

Anyway, as I said in my previous post on the Brag post, I really think the teacher could be incredible if she weren't so darn busy with other responsibilities. I see lots of potential for this class provided she gets help with her other duties and gets another teacher to share the classes.

Just my $.02.

Anyway, as I said in my previous post on the Brag post, I really think the teacher could be incredible if she weren't so darn busy with other responsibilities. I see lots of potential for this class provided she gets help with her other duties and gets another teacher to share the classes.

Just my $.02.

What teacher was this? My son signed up and there are 2 teachers.

Thanks!

Avis

I've got my younger son signed up for SO Biology and am still debating about the AP class. The teacher (Dr. McMenomy) told me that they were still in the process of working out with the College Board whether it would receive the designation of a true "AP" class. I'm waiting on that decision and also when the AP section will meet online.

I'm so encouraged, Bev, that your DD scored so well despite the disorganization of the class. I DO hope things are better next year with this class.