Menu

Please help me find a Spanish or Latin course for this kid

It looks like I will be adding another student in the fall, a 16yog coming to me from a private school. She has not yet completed her foreign language requirement, and she will need 2 years of either Latin or Spanish. I will have 2 other students, and I will NOT have time to teach it, so I am looking for either a Latin or Spanish course that is 1) available online or on DVD and 2) affordable. My plan is to have her complete the course independently--possibly even at her home instead of during the school day while she is with me--although I would check assignments if necessary. FWIW, I do have a subscription to Discovery Streaming.

So... any suggestions for Latin 1 & 2 or Spanish 1 & 2 courses that meet these criteria? THANK YOU!!

Veritas Press' Secondary Latin I & II which cover Wheelock's over two years.

Personally, I would definitely opt for an online course over a dvd course if you're looking to minimize the time you'll have to put into it. She'll have a "live" (online) teacher to interact with and to be accountable to. You may have to help her organize her time and how she approaches the text for the first two or three weeks, but after that she should be able to do it independently. Having that outside accountability for a teen is very helpful! :) You'll probably have enough to do with teaching whatever other subjects you'll be doing with her.